User Experience (UX) Manager
Playa Vista, CA
Shared Services – Product
We are looking for a passionate user experience designer and leader who enjoys mentoring a team to deliver creative solutions to complex business problems. Our product design team crafts, executes on and delivers compelling technology narratives to both video creators and their fans. You will be working on web and mobile initiatives, influence product strategy, organize our UX standards, lead product prototyping and UX design work. You prefer a “hands-on” approach that involves creatively guiding the design work while leading and coaching the team. You will also have a proven track record of strong visual design and user experience design skills to support and fulfill the strategic objectives of a highly cross-functional organization.
Please include a link to your portfolio/body of work with your application to assist us with reviewing your qualifications.
- Design web and mobile products that deliver consistently engaging and joyful experiences
- Effectively communicate cross-functionally with product managers, software engineers and marketers
- Discover what matters to users and help determine not just what things look like, but how they work and what we build next
- Define design strategy, UX architecture, style guides, and usability patterns to drive efficiency and consistency into our user experience
- Lead, support and inspire a team of three UX/UI designers
- Critique design work and provide insightful feedback ensuring we’re consistent, adhere to our design systems and are delivering high-quality experiences to our users.
- Work iteratively to define and continually refine both overall product vision and specific features and interactions
- Lead user research, focus groups and 1:1 usability tests
- Evolve rough ideas into polished user flows and pixel-perfect interfaces
- Meaningfully contribute to a product’s design standards and styleguide
- 8+ years overall experience in the user experience design field
- 2+ years management experience ideal, but will consider candidates who are senior/lead contributors with leadership potential.
- Breadth: Fluency with a wide variety of user-centered design methods and knowledge of best practices for web design.
- Demonstrated expertise in responsive user interface design for the web and/or mobile platforms
- The ability to prototype what you design
- Proficiency in a variety of design tools such as Photoshop, Illustrator, Fireworks, Sketch, Visio, and Dreamweaver
- Experience with agile/scrum
- Good taste and a strong portfolio of UI, UX and visual design work
- You’ve built marketplaces or other products that serve multiple types of users
- You’ve worked in a rapid growth startup
- Fluency in best practices for web-based information architecture
- Experience in design in a global context; across languages and culture
- Willingness to roll up the sleeves and do whatever is necessary to meet team goals
BENEFITS & PERKS
- Unlimited time off
- Flexible dress code
- Kitchen stocked with snacks
- Pet Insurance
- Catered meal on Fridays
- Health, dental and vision benefits
- 401(k) with a company match
- Both paid maternity time and paternity time
Fullscreen Media is a global leader in social-first entertainment experiences serving creators, brands and consumers. Fullscreen Media is comprised of three key businesses: Fullscreen Creator Network is the biggest network empowering creators through a variety of services, from audience development and programming support to management, content production and merchandising. Fullscreen Entertainment reaches consumers through creator-driven experiences from Fullscreen Live, original content from Fullscreen Productions and the pioneering Rooster Teeth studio, and subscription video on demand services “Fullscreen” and Rooster Teeth’s “FIRST.” Fullscreen Brandworks partners with major brands to tap into the power of social media with original entertainment, influencer marketing, multi-platform social content and targeted media through the Fullscreen Media Network.
Fullscreen, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender