Special Events Internship (LA) - Summer 2017
Playa Vista, CA
Marketing & Communications
Are you an undergrad junior/senior or grad student who just loves pop culture and the Gen-Z/millennial audience, with the interest of events and marketing? Fullscreen Media is looking for a paid Special Events Intern to join our 12 week internship program!
The ideal candidate would have a passion for and knowledge of YouTube, digital entertainment, and the world of social media influencers. The candidate would also have a proven track record of meeting and events knowledge to support and fulfill the strategic objectives of a highly cross-functional organization. This is a 30 hour/week internship position. In your time with us you will learn the skills to design, plan and execute experiential marketing events from start to finish.
- Assisting with the ideation, planning and execution of events
- Assisting with venue and vendor research, including back and forth communication to obtain pricing details, deadlines, etc.
- Assisting with the creation of internal and external decks
- Assisting with guest list management and invite system
- Assisting with weekly meeting call notes as needed
- Assisting in communications around event management including timelines, calendars, contact sheets
- Assisting with onsite event management including set-up, registration, breakdown, post-event follow up needs
- Must be on-site in Playa Vista office throughout internship
- Have 3.0 GPA or higher, be currently enrolled 3rd or 4th year undergrad
- Be extremely passionate about online video, especially YouTube
- Working knowledge of Mac, Google Drive, and Microsoft Office
- Willingness to go above and beyond to provide great work
- Superior communication skills as well as analytical
- Be a self-starter with a strong desire to win and to grow personally and professionally
Perks + Benefits
- Internship is paid
- Flexible dress code
- Kitchen stocked with snacks
- Catered meal on Fridays
ABOUT FULLSCREEN MEDIA:
Fullscreen Media is a global leader in social-first entertainment experiences serving creators, brands and consumers. Fullscreen Media is comprised of three key businesses: Fullscreen Creator Network is the biggest network empowering creators through a variety of services, from audience development and programming support to management, content production and merchandising. Fullscreen Entertainment reaches consumers through creator-driven experiences from Fullscreen Live, original content from Fullscreen Productions and the pioneering Rooster Teeth studio, and subscription video on demand services “Fullscreen” and Rooster Teeth’s “FIRST.” Fullscreen Brandworks partners with major brands to tap into the power of social media with original entertainment, influencer marketing, multi-platform social content and targeted media through the Fullscreen Media Network.
Fullscreen, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, protected veteran status, or disability.