Motion Graphics Designer (Contract)
Playa Vista, CA
Brand Group – Creative and Production
We are seeking a Motion Graphic Designer to create animated 2D/2.5D micro-content using tools including After Effects and Photoshop. These artists should be able to identify the best techniques and methods to communicate the story of a title or brand using video and animation. The ideal candidate will have a background in graphic design.
Our Motion Graphic Designers are responsible for the creative process at several different stages including conceptualization, animation, and editing. Other duties may include customizing existing content to platform specifications assets to be relevant to current events.
- Execute a wide range of motion graphic animation for various designated entertainment titles based on established creative direction set by Senior Motion Graphic Designers and Senior Graphic Designers.
- Manage multiple projects at once and prioritize tasks with pressing deadlines and client needs.
- Ideate with senior motion graphic designers, graphic designers, and accounts team for conceptualizing, revising, and troubleshooting.
- Utilize strong understanding of best practices for exporting video/graphics for social platforms.
- Work closely with senior motion graphic designer as their direct report as well as senior graphic designers in order to establish regular lines of support and creative guidance.
- Respond to creative feedback on assignments in a timely and articulate manner, offering alternatives to solutions when needed.
- Take initiative on learning new techniques to expand animation and design wheelhouse (3D, 360 Videos, branding knowledge)
- Give thoughtful and creative input on assignments and creative calls to push and pivot content to their best possible version.
- At least 3 years in Motion Graphic Design with a firm foundation in design principles for brands.
- Advanced skills in Photoshop and After Effects.
- Ability to receive and run with specific direction and take initiative to provide creative alternatives
- Ability to quickly switch gears between creating art and communication about direction
- Management of briefings and deliverables of final work
- Ability to represent and “defend” the creative during in-progress milestone reviews with account teams; ensure that the motion graphic creative has a voice
- Up-to-date knowledge of animation software and social media platform specifications; proactive research about ways to streamline the animation process
ABOUT FULLSCREEN SOCIAL
We are a team of copywriters and designers creating the daily social media content that great brands share. We love social media, and we are seeking candidates who also demonstrate a passion for it. We're most attracted to candidates who want to be the best and are willing to work hard, learn fast, put clients first, and execute quickly. Clients include Coca-Cola, AT&T, 20th Century Fox, Sony Pictures, Mary Kay, Lionsgate, NBC, Disney Interactive, Mattel, and more.
Fullscreen is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, protected veteran status, or disability.