Playa Vista, CA
Brandworks – Marketing & Communications
Our social media marketing agency is looking for a video editor who enjoys working with video, is comfortable with post production software, and has some animation skills to join our entertainment team. Social media moves fast so communicating within the agency along with working in a fast-paced environment must come easily to you. You should love working on a team, but also enjoy owning your individual responsibilities and workload. You are resourceful, responsive, naturally creative, and eager to get the job done. You are a movie buff, television binger, comic fanboy/girl, sports fan, music fiend and/or other lover of entertainment.
- 12 week contract, with the potential to go full-time
- Remote flexible (May need to be in the Playa Vista, CA Office from time to time)
- Ideate and execute sizzle reels, trailer cuts, supercuts (usually >:30 with audio), and other short form microvideos (approx. 20-30sec) as well as advise on videos up to 1–2 min or other content that aligns with campaign and client needs/vision for motion picture studio social media marketing
- Create title cards and end cards that align with trailer and campaign creative direction (may include adding effects/particulars/optical flares/etc.); motion graphic design/animation skills preferred as you may be required to (re)create title/end cards with some animated elements
- Edit at the speed of social and have a strong understanding of best practices for exporting video/graphics for social platforms. 99% of your work will be featured exclusively on some, or all main social media platforms (FB, IG, TW, SC)
- Customize existing content to platform specifications and recontextualizing assets to be relevant to current events.
- Participate in the creative process at several different stages including brainstorms with other team members (designers, strategists, and accounts), ideating concepts, revising and troubleshooting, and video and sound editing
- Efficiently time manage multiple projects at once and prioritize tasks with pressing deadlines and client needs
- Work closely and communicate with Sr. Motion Graphic Designer as their direct report as well as Sr. Graphic Designer and other creative team leads to establish regular lines of support and creative guidance on a regular basis
- Respond to creative feedback on assignments in a timely and articulate manner, and offer creative alternative solutions when needed on assignments and creative calls to push and pivot content to their best possible version
The ideal candidate has:
- 2–3 years experience in video editing/animation
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Cloud suite of programs (Premiere, After Effects, Audition, Illustrator, etc.)
- Strong working knowledge of video editing and sound editing
- Working knowledge of animation/motion as it pertains to the creation of trailers and title/end cards
- Strong understanding of post-production workflow
- Good knowledge of contemporary cameras, file formats, codecs, and their proper handling in a post workflow
- Must be extremely organized and able to successfully reach multiple deadlines at once
- Comfortable with Google Apps Suite (Gmail, Calendar, Drive, etc)
- Audio post production experience is a plus (recording, mixing, scoring, etc)
- Familiarity with Trapcode Suite and/or Element 3D a plus
- The ability to communicate needs in a positive and productive fashion
Perks + Benefits
- Flexible dress code
- Kitchen stocked with snacks
- Catered meal on Fridays
- Dog-friendly Fridays
ABOUT FULLSCREEN SOCIAL
We are a team of copywriters and designers creating the daily social media content that great brands share. We love social media, and we are seeking candidates who also demonstrate a passion for it. We're most attracted to candidates who want to be the best and are willing to work hard, learn fast, put clients first, and execute quickly. Clients include Coca-Cola, AT&T, 20th Century Fox, Sony Pictures, Mary Kay, Lionsgate, NBC, Disney Interactive, Mattel, and more.
Fullscreen is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, protected veteran status, or disability.