Engineering Internship (Rooster Teeth) - Summer 2017
Rooster Teeth Productions is looking for an Engineering Intern to join our Rooster Teeth team in Austin, TX for our 12 week Summer Intern Program!
The ideal candidate would have a passion for and knowledge of YouTube, digital entertainment, the world of social media influencers, and how to quantify reach and influence. The candidate would also have a proven track record of understanding data, statistics, and programming to support and fulfill the strategic objectives of a highly cross-functional organization. In your time with us you will learn not only how engineering teams work but also how to use your burgeoning skills to affect change in a market you love.
- Research each of our products
- Gather key measurements - write ones that are missing
- Write programs to extract data from various systems
- Use tools like D3.js to display information
- Have some fun and learn some new ways of doing thing
- Must be on-site in the Austin, Texas office throughout internship
- Currently enrolled in college and taking the internship for course credit (You must provide a letter of verification)
- Be extremely passionate about online video, especially YouTube
- Working knowledge of Mac, Google Drive, and Microsoft Office
- Willingness to go above and beyond to provide great work
- Superior communication and analytical skills
- Proficient in at least one of: Ruby, Python, Elixir
- Be a self-starter with a strong desire to win and to grow personally and professionally
ABOUT ROOSTER TEETH:
Rooster Teeth is a pioneering studio responsible for some of the biggest online series in history, such as the award-winning and longest-running web series, Red vs. Blue. They also produce the globally acclaimed animated series RWBY, the first western anime series to be distributed in Japan; the award-winning Rooster Teeth Podcast; and Immersion, a reality format that brings video game theory to the real world. Rooster Teeth has a massive global footprint of more than 25 million subscribers to its YouTube Network, 3 million unique monthly visitors to its RoosterTeeth.com hub and 1.8 million registered community members. The company was founded in 2003, and is now a subsidiary of Fullscreen, Inc., a global youth media company that develops online creators and produces multi-platform entertainment experiences. Discover more at RoosterTeeth.com.
Fullscreen, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, protected veteran status, or disability.