Playa Vista, CA
Creator – Talent & Network
Reporting directly to the General Manager of Fullscreen, the Executive Assistant will provide executive and personal support in a one-on-one working relationship. This high-energy role is a true right arm to the General Manager. It requires multitasking, organization, problem solving and decision-making, stellar communication, and balancing priorities in a fast-paced environment while utilizing the utmost discretion. Additionally, the role will provide scheduling and calendar management support to the VP, Talent.
This person plays an important role in developing and furthering relationships with clients and contacts and serving as a dependable liaison while collaborating with our creative and forward thinking employees.
- General Manager
- Plans and manages an active and ever-changing calendar of both business and personal meetings for the General Manager. Ensure that the General Manager's schedule is followed and respected.
- Manage daily email organization and dissemination of information
- Monitors and facilitates all tasks from emails while maintaining discretion and confidentiality
- Ability to anticipate and understand the GM needs and proactively take ownership of personal duties before being asked
- Keeps GM well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, and follows up appropriately
- Acts in a gatekeeper and gateway role to create win-win situations for the GM's time that facilitate his ability to effectively lead
- Follows up with both business and personal contacts made by the GM and supports the cultivation of ongoing relationships
- Maintains and updates GM's contact database. Includes individual notes and keeps track of important birthdays, milestones, etc.
- Provides a bridge for smooth communication on behalf of the GM, with Senior Management team, internal departments, and others, on matters related to the GM's initiatives while demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility and trust
- Prioritizes and researches concerns addressed to the GM, acting as a barometer for any pressing, sensitive, and/or confidential issues
- Participates as an adjunct member of the Senior Management Team while providing leadership to build internal relationships crucial to the success of the organization
- Manages GM's travel (business and personal): domestic and international flights, hotels, restaurants and ground transportation
- Arranges complex and detailed travel itineraries and agendas compiling documents for travel-related meetings
- Attends meetings and/or listens in on phone calls as needed to take notes, organize, and identify and follow up on any action items needed
- Works closely and effectively with the GM on a variety of business and personal special projects and daily errands, such as planning events, entertainment, dinners, gift buying, extensive research, etc.
- Uses sound financial judgment when purchasing items, planning events, or coordinating travel by independently researching best deals and fares and negotiating prices or fees
- Manages business and personal accounts and credit cards and facilitates any related payments
- Prepares and submits extensive expense reports
- VP, Talent
- Plans and manages an active and ever-changing calendar of both business and personal meetings for the VP, Talent.
- Ensure that the VP, Talent's schedule is followed and respected.
- Keeps VP, Talent well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, and follows up appropriately.
- Acts in a gatekeeper and gateway role to create win-win situations for the VP, Talent’s time that facilitate his ability to effectively lead.
- 2+ years of Executive Assistant experience, with experience assisting high level executives in a talent business (agency, management, PR, etc.)
- Have a 'can-do' attitude and the ability to learn on the go, as well as be hardworking and resourceful
- Strong organizational skills
- Flexibility and willingness to work additional hours when necessary
- Excellent familiarity with Google Suite, Microsoft Office Products, e.g. Excel, Word, Outlook, and Mac
- Be an excellent brand representative
- Ability to anticipate be two steps ahead at all times to deal with issues before they become problems
- Enjoy a fast paced environment with ever-changing priorities
- Highly organized and skilled in time management
- Multitask and complete a variety of tasks quickly and efficiently with a confident ability to come up with solutions on your own
- Be a clear and concise communicator
- Have a valid driver license, clean driving record and reliable personal transportation
PERKS + BENEFITS
- Flexible dress codeKitchen stocked with snacks
- Pet Insurance
- Catered meal on FridaysHealth, dental and vision benefits401(k) with a company match
- Generous paid time off each year
- Both paid maternity time and paid paternity time
Fullscreen is a social content company that provides creative, strategy, and marketing services for both talent and brand clients in order to grow, engage, and monetize their social audiences. Its unique clientele includes over 400 brands and over 2,500 creators and celebrities that generate more than 7 billion monthly video views across a global network of social channels.
For talent clients, Fullscreen provides management services, multi-platform content optimization, brand partnerships, and a powerful technology platform that helps our talent seamlessly analyze their data and create meaningful relationships with their fans.
For brand clients, Fullscreen works closely with marketers who seek to engage the new generation of consumers for whom social reach and community-building are essential for driving both brand awareness and affinity. Using proprietary data and technology, we predict and track consumer behavior to develop culturally-relevant social content based on trend insights.
Fullscreen has offices in Los Angeles and New York as well as team members across the country. Please visit fullscreen.com for more information.
Fullscreen, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. This means we are committed to recruiting, training, compensating and promoting our employees regardless of race, color, religion, sex, disability, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender or any other protected classes as required by applicable law that might make us unique or different. As a media company, we are dedicated to reflecting the diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion found in our viewers, creators, and partners. Inclusion is at the heart of what we do, from the way we craft our job descriptions, to the values we espouse daily.