Director, Business Development
Playa Vista, CA
Shared Services – Business Operations
We are looking for a Director of Business Development who will be responsible for propelling the growth of Fullscreen Direct through strategic partnerships and deal-making. The ideal candidate would have a passion for and knowledge of: the artist services industry, affinity programs, software & technology businesses, and digital entertainment. The candidate would also have a proven track record of prospecting, negotiating and closing deals to support and fulfill the strategic objectives of a highly cross-functional organization.
- Perform and execute full cycle business development from lead generation to closing deals
- Drive strategy, operations, and analysis to promote innovation, increase revenue and further objectives of the company
- Identify trends in the industry, opportunities for success and risks to execution and operate and advise senior management accordingly
- Provide ongoing review and analysis of existing partnerships to uphold and strengthen relationships as well as evaluate performance against KPI’s and strategic fit
- Assist in budgeting and internal organizational deliverables
- Be part of a team that serves as the “face” of the Fullscreen Direct team - traveling to take meetings, conduct demos, speak on panels, etc.
- Reports directly to SVP, Direct-to-Fan Businesses
- 5+ years of progressive business development experience in a related or similar industry
- Passion and familiarity with new media platforms and technology
- Enthusiasm and entrenched knowledge spanning media, affinity, entertainment and technology – must be “fluent in these languages”
- Self-starter, thrives in dynamic and fast paced environments
- Mastery of drawing and defining conclusions from information and integrating conclusions seamlessly into strategy and execution
- Deep rolodex in the talent, enterprise, brand, and entertainment arenas
- Extensive experience in reviewing and confidently negotiating deals
- Definitive quantitative, financial, presentational, and analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and efficiently
- Track record of meeting and exceeding measurable objectives
- Strong demonstrated ability to work cross functionally with all levels of an organization
Perks and Benefits
- Use What You Need paid time off
- Flexible dress code
- Kitchen stocked with snacks
- Pet Insurance
- Catered meal on Fridays
- Health, dental and vision benefits
- 401(k) with a company match
- Both paid maternity time and paid paternity time
- Dog-friendly Fri
Fullscreen Direct is a comprehensive suite of digital tools designed to power direct-to-fan businesses for affinity brands and artists, empowering them to connect more deeply with their audiences to increase their overall business. Fullscreen Direct enables clients online businesses - websites, communities, stores, etc. We believe strongly in creating and activating an entire fan engagement ecosystem built around exclusive content, fan experiences and communities, and selling products directly to passionately engaged fans. Fullscreen Direct is powering digital business for some of the biggest talent in the world including Metallica, Kobe Bryant, Eric Church, Red Hot Chili Peppers and others.
For a behind-the-scenes glance at what it's like to work at Fullscreen Media, click HERE.
Fullscreen, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, protected veteran status, or disability.