UX Lead Designer (Reelio)
New York, NY
Shared Services – Product
Are you engrossed by the original content being created on YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, and Snapchat? Do you watch YouTube videos and can’t wait to click, “Skip Ad” when pesky pre-roll ads interrupt your access to original content? Then consider joining Reelio’s innovative User Experience team.
Working on the Reelio platform is a demanding job — the expectations are high and the rewards are great. You’ll be part of a multi-disciplinary team consisting of developers, designers, product managers, and data scientists. Reelio is designing solutions for online video influencers and traditional media companies speaking to the same audience, to help both parties succeed.
The UX Lead Designer for Reelio is responsible for supporting the full UX design lifecycle, including researching tools available to Brands and Influencers today, interviewing, journey mapping, gathering feedback and assessing delivered functionality, plus supporting design efforts, and creating prototypes and design documentations. Primarily, this position will be involved in understanding how the Reelio platform will impact our core users during their daily and professional lives.
- Drive user engagement across multiple product lines through testing, user feedback, usability testing, and design best practices.
- Maintain annotations and style guide documents.
- Work in an agile environment alongside product team and business teams to implement your designs.
- Own the design aspect of software project implementation executed by teams of product managers, UX designers, and web developers from initiation through delivery.
- Facilitate collaborative relationships across functional teams.
- Be a champion of a great design and web experience.
- Be awesome.
- 5+ years experience with UX methodologies and practices, design and research while demonstrating strengths in several of the following areas:User research, needs finding, prototyping, interaction designs, storyboarding, agile methodologies, and visual design.
- A keen eye for good design, great attention to detail, a solid understanding of usability and a strong drive to learn and grow with a fast-paced startup company.
- Experience creating low-fidelity wireframes for idea validation and moving through various forms of testing and collaboration to high-fidelity wires with specs.
- High proficiency creating prototypes using industry standard design tools like, Omnigraffle, Balsamiq, Adobe AI, PS, ID, Sketch, Invision, etc.
- Experience coordinating, planning and running usability tests; effectively collating, interpreting and communicating usability takeaways to the rest of the product team.
- Maps out information architectures in the form of sitemaps, user flows and other organizational diagrams linked to user needs.
- Synthesizes complex or diverse information; collects and analyses data; uses intuition and experience to complement data in creating UX solutions.
- Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; pursues training and development opportunities; strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; shares expertise with others.
- Presents UX concepts in an understandable, persuasive, and non‐technical manner; responds promptly to client needs.
- Communicates changes and progress; prioritizes work to complete on schedule; operates with little or no supervision; collaborates with team members in strategy and design; solid communication and management skills.
- A fantastic portfolio.
ABOUT REELIO (a subsidiary of Fullscreen Media)
Reelio is an Influencer marketing platform that connects brands and creators or influencers to create branded content.
Fullscreen Media is a global leader in social-first entertainment experiences serving creators, brands and consumers. Fullscreen Media is comprised of three key businesses: Fullscreen Creator Network is the biggest network empowering creators through a variety of services, from audience development and programming support to management, content production and merchandising. Fullscreen Entertainment reaches consumers through creator-driven experiences from Fullscreen Live, and original content from the pioneering Rooster Teeth studio. Fullscreen Brand Group partners with major brands to tap into the power of social media with original entertainment, influencer marketing, multi-platform social content and targeted media through the Fullscreen Media Network.
Fullscreen, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, protected veteran status, or disability.