Editorial Internship (LA) - Fall 2017
Playa Vista, CA
Shared Services – University Relations
Are you an Undergraduate Junior or Senior Student student with a passion for digital media? We are looking for a paid Editorial Intern who will be responsible for assisting in research for our SVOD. The ideal candidate would have a passion for and knowledge of YouTube, digital entertainment, and the world of social media influencers. The candidate would also have a proven track record of strong communication skills to support and fulfill the strategic objectives of a highly cross-functional organization. The internship is 20 hours per week for 10 weeks.
- Get to know the Fullscreen app’s programming lineup inside and out, and use that knowledge to write copy, help curate collections of content, and build fun, creative promotions such as content playlists
- Perform ongoing competitive analysis research to inform scheduling strategies and feature builds, and present that research
- Provide administrative support by scheduling meetings, creating documentation, updating shared documents, and tracking project progress
- Create, edit, and enhance copy and other metadata for shows and movies on the app
- Use our Content Management System to build collections, schedule assets and enter data
- Must be in the Los Angeles area for the duration of the internship
- Have 3.0 GPA or higher, be currently enrolled Undergraduate Junior or Senior student
- PLEASE NOTE: Unfortunately, we are not able to accept recent graduates into the internship program at this time
- Only currently enrolled students will be considered
- Published writing samples that convey a superb command of language and a sense of humor
- Passion for pop culture, especially digital media and the world of YouTube influencers
- Copy writing and/or copy editing experience
- Experience building decks and Google documents
- Willingness to go above and beyond to provide great work
- Be extremely passionate about online video, especially YouTube
- Be a self-starter with a strong desire to win and to grow personally and professionally
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Perks + Benefits
- Internship is paid
- Flexible dress code
- Kitchen stocked with snacks
- Catered meal on Fridays
- Pet friendly Fridays
Fullscreen Media is a global leader in social-first entertainment experiences serving creators, brands and consumers. Fullscreen Media is comprised of three key businesses: Fullscreen Creator Network is the biggest network empowering creators through a variety of services, from audience development and programming support to management, content production and merchandising. Fullscreen Entertainment reaches consumers through creator-driven experiences from Fullscreen Live, original content from Fullscreen Productions and the pioneering Rooster Teeth studio, and subscription video on demand services “Fullscreen” and Rooster Teeth’s “FIRST.” Fullscreen Brandworks partners with major brands to tap into the power of social media with original entertainment, influencer marketing, multi-platform social content and targeted media through the Fullscreen Media Network.
For a behind-the-scenes glance at what it's like to work at Fullscreen Media, click HERE.
Fullscreen, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, protected veteran status, or disability.