Senior Manager, Strategy and Cultural Forecasting (NY OR LA)
Playa Vista, CA
Brand Group – Strategy and Insights
The Strategy & Insights team at Fullscreen is looking for a senior cultural strategist and trend forecaster to help build out a new capability of trendspotting and thought leadership. We are looking for a strategist who will be able to observe brand and consumer activity from a wide range of categories to create compelling stories of how broader consumer trends are evolving. The candidate will be responsible for creating content which excites and inspires audiences with the latest trend thinking. He/She will collaborate with multifunctional teams to brief and inspire creative and storytelling for pitches, large-scale programs, and broad communication ecosystems. He/she must have the right blend of being a self-starter and team player, as there will be plenty of autonomy but also be responsible for the day-to-day management of quarterly trend assets, annual trend collateral, and internal and client engagements that bring meaningful cultural insights to the voice of our brand partners. The ideal candidate is a strategic thinker, an experienced and compelling storyteller and someone who is fueled by data. This person will be a strong balance of creative writer and data analyst who will be required to build out new methodologies for trend identification.
Reporting into the Director of Strategy and Trendcasting, this position will be responsible for developing our proprietary approach to trend discovery, uncovering unique insights and developing trend assets that ultimately drive our internal teams and our external positioning. The ideal candidate is an independent thinker, loves understanding an audience beyond the surface level, can transform their research into key insights and insights into future trends. Must be able to build cohesive and clear presentations, consider themselves an excelled collaborator and be confident interfacing with individuals of all levels, both internally and externally.
- Assemble trends and cultural insights into presentation materials for mid and senior level clients
- Ability to analyze and monitor large data sets, working with advanced analytics and social listening tools to identify data trends
- Develop organizational methods to track trendspotting from multiple sources
- Ability to own trend pulsing calendar, both defining the project requirements as well as the schedules and dependencies
- Develop long-form editorial pieces, drawing from excellent writing/editing skills
- Conduct research in workshops, focus groups, interviews, and internet scouring
- Think analytically, critically and logically to help teams develop simple, integrated and elegant approaches to complex brand issues
- Help lead brand immersion activities to help marketers apply broadscale cultural shifts to their marketing innovation initiatives
- Work hand-in-hand with strategists, data analysts, creatives, client service leads, and other colleagues to inspire and create the best work for clients and pitches
- 6+ years in marketing services as a cultural strategist, trendspotter or trend writer
- Driven by curiosity and obsessed with emerging cultural trends
- Excellent presentation skills that encompass clear, compelling communications
- Stellar interpersonal communication and collaboration skills
- Background in contributing or leading to published trend documentation
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously
- Excellent writing and presentation skills – both in structure and content
- Must be a self-starter
- High energy individual who thrives in a fast-paced environment
PERKS & BENEFITS
- Flexible dress code
- Kitchen stocked with snacks
- Pet Insurance
- Catered lunches on Fridays
- Health, dental, and vision benefits
- 401(k) with a company match
- Generous paid time off each year
- Both paid maternity time and paid paternity time
Fullscreen is a social content company that provides creative, strategy, and marketing services for both talent and brand clients in order to grow, engage, and monetize their social audiences. Its unique clientele includes over 400 brands and over 2,500 creators and celebrities that generate more than 7 billion monthly video views across a global network of social channels.
For talent clients, Fullscreen provides management services, multi-platform content optimization, brand partnerships, and a powerful technology platform that helps our talent seamlessly analyze their data and create meaningful relationships with their fans.
For brand clients, Fullscreen works closely with marketers who seek to engage the new generation of consumers for whom social reach and community-building are essential for driving both brand awareness and affinity. Using proprietary data and technology, we predict and track consumer behavior to develop culturally-relevant social content based on trend insights.
Fullscreen has offices in Los Angeles and New York as well as team members across the country. Please visit fullscreen.com for more information.
Fullscreen, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. This means we are committed to recruiting, training, compensating and promoting our employees regardless of race, color, religion, sex, disability, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender or any other protected classes as required by applicable law that might make us unique or different. As a media company, we are dedicated to reflecting the diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion found in our viewers, creators, and partners. Inclusion is at the heart of what we do, from the way we craft our job descriptions, to the values we espouse daily.