Jr. Talent Manager
Playa Vista, CA
Creator – Talent & Network
We are looking for a motivated Junior Talent Manager with a competitive drive and passion for digital media to join our talent management team. The main objective of this role is to support a large roster of up and coming talent and provide scaled services to help Fullscreen creators develop their careers and their social media audience across YouTube, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and Snapchat. This role is a unique blend of talent development, digital strategy, and discovery. Members of the talent management team are expected to develop vertical expertise to best service creators, drive revenue for talent, and provide individualized attention and support. A solid understanding of the digital video landscape, entertainment industry, and Fullscreen’s business model is required.
To be successful in this role you must be passionate about what you do, comfortable with long hours, and ready for constant communication with talent from all over the world. You should be excited by the idea of a fast-paced environment on the cutting edge of the entertainment industry. The ideal candidate would have a passion for and knowledge of YouTube, and digital entertainment and the world of social media influencers. The candidate would also have a proven track record of meeting and exceeding expectations to support and fulfill the strategic objectives of a highly cross-functional organization. We’re looking for eager, optimistic individuals who are willing to put themselves out there and don’t take no for an answer. Above all else this role requires proactivity, flexibility, resourcefulness, and a willingness for non-stop hustle.
- Manage and support a roster of digital content creators
- Social media audience growth and development across platforms
- YouTube optimization and performance analysis including titles, tags, descriptions, thumbnails, annotations, post frequency, etc.
- Recommend and implement video SEO and YouTube best practices for new content uploads
- Create and implement data driven content and programming strategy recommendations
- Develop and build upon existing digital and traditional revenue opportunities
- Negotiation with digital creators and their representation
- Meet and exceed monthly revenue and retention based KPIs
- Facilitate the negotiation and execution of brand campaigns on behalf of talent
- Act as a liaison between roster of talent and other Fullscreen departments such as brand sales, talent integrations, press, content, and integrated marketing
- Heavy multi-tasking and research responsibilities
- Constantly discover new talent and know the key players in the influencer space
- Attend industry events and talent meetings outside of normal work hours
- 2-3 years experience in the entertainment industry, artist/talent relations or media industry
- Expertise and interest in the YouTube and digital video space
- Interest in at least one vertical category: Fashion/Beauty, Music, Gaming, Personalities/Family, Formats, Fitness, Science/Education, Tech
- Detail oriented and process driven with the ability to effectively manage multiple projects
- Ability to professionally communicate via phone, email, text message, and in person
- Demonstrated ability to think outside of the box and be solutions oriented
- Flexibility to handle changing market conditions and workload under tight deadlines
- Well-organized, highly self-motivated, optimistic and positive attitude
- Solid interpersonal skills with the ability to work with a wide range of personality types
- Strong analytical, research skills required
- Enjoys working in a high intensity environment
Bonus Point If
- Prior experience working with talent, audience development, and pitching new revenue opportunities is preferred
Perks & Benefits
- Use What You Need paid time off
- Flexible dress code
- Kitchen stocked with snacks
- Pet Insurance
- Catered meal on Fridays
- Health, dental and vision benefits
- 401(k) with a company match
- Both paid maternity time and paid paternity time
Fullscreen Media is a global leader in social-first entertainment experiences serving creators, brands and consumers. Fullscreen Media is comprised of three key businesses. Fullscreen Creator Network is the biggest network empowering creators through a variety of services, from audience development and programming support to management, content production and merchandising. Fullscreen Entertainment reaches consumers through creator-driven experiences from Fullscreen Live, original content from Fullscreen Productions and the pioneering Rooster Teeth studio, and subscription video on demand services “Fullscreen” and “Rooster Teeth.” Fullscreen Brandworks partners with major brands to tap into the power of social media with original entertainment, influencer marketing, multi-platform social content and targeted media through the Fullscreen Media Network.
For a behind-the-scenes glance at what it's like to work at Fullscreen Media, click HERE.
Fullscreen Media was founded in 2011 by CEO George Strompolos and is majority owned by Otter Media, a joint venture between AT&T and The Chernin Group. For more information, visit FullscreenMedia.co.