Playa Vista, CA
Shared Services – Engineering
Fullscreen empowers talent and brands to build and monetize highly engaged, social-first audiences through best-in-class strategy, creative services and technology. Our company is a global leader in social-first entertainment experiences and services for the world’s top talent, digital influencers, brands and avid fans.
For our talent and digital influencer partners, we provide a range of services and tools that include talent management, multi-platform content optimization, brand partnerships, live touring, consumer products, and a powerful consumer-facing technology platform that provides affinity brands, talent and influencers with websites, online stores, fan clubs and social optimization tools to help them seamlessly analyze data and create meaningful relationships with fans.
For our brand partners, we work with marketers who are looking to engage valuable, elusive youth audiences on social platforms through original entertainment, influencer marketing, multi-platform social content, organic and paid distribution, live events, and targeted media. We have offices in Los Angeles, New York, Chicago, Austin, and Nashville
We are looking for a Data Engineer responsible for building a scalable and modern data warehouse and operational database environment, data modeling, and ETL data management tools & processes. The ideal candidate would have a passion for and knowledge of social video platforms, digital entertainment and have a proven track record supporting and fulfilling the strategic objectives of a highly cross-functional organization.
- Responsible for designing, implementing and maintaining Data Warehouse solutions which will handle the growing business needs
- Interface with other technology teams to extract, transform, and load (ETL) data from a wide variety of in-house and 3rd party data sources
- Design, implement, and support infrastructure providing secured access to large datasets
- Utilize blended data from multiple data sources to provide comprehensive reporting solutions
- Perform ad-hoc analyses and respond to data/analytical requests
- Glean insights from a large data warehouse using SQL
- 3+ years of Data Engineering experience (ETL/Data warehouse)
- Deep proficiency with SQL & Python
- Knowledge of working with an enterprise data warehouse and large sets of data
- Extensive experience with relational databases both, normalized and denormalized star schemas.
- Strong knowledge of data warehousing concepts
- Experience in ETL and using databases in a business environment with large-scale, complex data sets
- Proven ability for looking at solutions unconventionally and explore opportunities and devise innovative solutions
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills to convey key insights from complex analysis in summarized business terms and an ability to effectively communicate with technical teams
- NoSQL Databases & Technology (e.g. Hadoop)
- Amazon Redshift and Amazon Web Services: Glue, Lambda, S3, and Athena
- Django web development
- Experience working with Spark (pyspark)
- Experience with Tableau or a similar BI visualization tool developing reports & dashboards using Tableau or Amazon Quicksight
- Experience developing jobs in Luigi
- Digital Media industry experience
Benefits & Perks
- Unlimited PTO
- Flexible dress code
- Kitchen stocked with snacks
- Pet Insurance
- Catered meal on Fridays
- Health, dental and vision benefits
- 401(k) with a company match
- Both paid maternity time and paid paternity time
Fullscreen, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. This means we are committed to recruiting, training, compensating and promoting our employees regardless of race, color, religion, sex, disability, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender or any other protected classes as required by applicable law that might make us unique or different. As a media company, we are dedicated to reflecting the diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion found in our viewers, creators and partners. Inclusion is at the heart of what we do, from the way we craft our job descriptions, to the values we espouse daily.