Playa Vista, CA /
Shared Services – Engineering /
Fullscreen Media is a global leader in social-first entertainment experiences and services for the world’s top talent, digital influencers, brands and avid fans. We empower talent and brands to build and monetize highly engaged, social-first audiences through best-in-class strategy, creative services, and technology.
You will use your extensive data engineering experience to architect, develop, maintain data pipeline, data warehouse systems and tools. Build data pipelines from ingesting third-party data sources and building APIs for receiving data from internal applications through to data warehouse design and implementation to ensure the success of the separate but closely aligned internal Analytics team.
- Architect, develop, and maintain data pipeline and data warehouse systems and tools
- Communicate design ideas through written, verbal and visual communication to an audience of both technical and non-technical colleagues.
- Troubleshoot complex issues and provide root cause analysis
- Work cross-functionally with Product, Analytics, Business, and other teams to ensure successful execution of projects/products
- Maintain backend services on a 24/7 basis
- 10+ years of engineering experience
- 5+ years in python or another similar language
- Expert designing data warehousing and best practices around implementing processes for loading data
- Extensive experience working on complex distributed systems
- Advanced knowledge of SQL
- Experience working with analysts to gather requirements to ensure their success
- Experienced designing and using web APIs (solid understanding of the HTTP request/response cycle)
- Expert level understanding of normalization techniques and when and how to use them
- Experienced with star schema design, data warehousing, and business intelligence best practices
- Ability to debug unfamiliar systems
- High level of comfort in Linux environments on the command line
- High level of comfort using a variety of AWS products
- Comfortable working with Docker, familiar with virtual machines, or other containerized environments
- Experienced with common git best practices
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written and visual)
PERKS + BENEFITS
- Use What You Need Time Off
- Flexible dress code
- Kitchen stocked with snacks
- Pet Insurance
- Catered meal on Fridays
- Health, dental and vision benefits
- 401(k) with a company match
- Both paid maternity time and paid paternity time
Fullscreen is a social content company that provides creative, strategy, and marketing services for both talent and brand clients in order to grow, engage, and monetize their social audiences. Its unique clientele includes over 400 brands and over 2,500 creators and celebrities that generate more than 7 billion monthly video views across a global network of social channels.
For talent clients, Fullscreen provides management services, multi-platform content optimization, brand partnerships, and a powerful technology platform that helps our talent seamlessly analyze their data and create meaningful relationships with their fans.
For brand clients, Fullscreen works closely with marketers who seek to engage the new generation of consumers for whom social reach and community-building are essential for driving both brand awareness and affinity. Using proprietary data and technology, we predict and track consumer behavior to develop culturally-relevant social content based on trend insights.
Fullscreen has offices in Los Angeles and New York as well as team members across the country. Please visit fullscreen.com for more information.
Fullscreen, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. This means we are committed to recruiting, training, compensating and promoting our employees regardless of race, color, religion, sex, disability, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender or any other protected classes as required by applicable law that might make us unique or different. As a media company, we are dedicated to reflecting the diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion found in our viewers, creators, and partners. Inclusion is at the heart of what we do, from the way we craft our job descriptions, to the values we espouse daily.