OTTER MEDIA Corporate Strategy and Development MBA Internship (LA) - Summer 2018
Playa Vista, CA
Shared Services – University Relations
Otter Media, a digital media company focused on engaging, entertaining, and super serving fans globally, is seeking a passionate and analytical MBA intern to join our Corporate Strategy organization this summer. The ideal candidate will be an analytical, collaborative, and creative thought leader seeking to be at the forefront of digital media. They will play a key role in the development of insights, be knowledgeable in digital media, marketing and advertising, and support the research, validation and execution of varying strategic projects. Candidate will work closely with all areas in the Chief Strategy Officer’s organization, such as corporate development, content strategy, and research and with the leadership teams of each of the portfolio organizations.
The internship is 30 hours per week for 12 weeks.
- Support the development, delivery and socialization of Otter Media’s long-term strategy and strategic priorities.
- Aggregate and analyze relevant information, identify issues, formulate and test hypotheses, and translate data into meaningful insights.
- Perform industry and market research to identify and socialize opportunities for growth.
- Support research-type engagements to develop and articulate Otter Media’s position on key strategic issues.
- Lead and take ownership of financial models, reporting packages, KPI dashboards, and other quantitative tools that support business intelligence for the organization.
- Synthesize results into actionable takeaways and create presentations for senior management team and Board of directors.
- Candidate will have 2-5 years of experience in consulting, investment banking, private equity, venture capital, or corporate development.
- Experience working in digital media or consumer internet industries is preferred.
- Outstanding people and written and oral communication skills.
- Comfort in working effectively in a fast-paced, high-pressure and small team environment.
- Superb analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Expert level knowledge of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
- Role will be based in Playa Vista, CA.
Perks and Benefits
- Internship is paid
- Flexible dress code
- Kitchen stocked with snacks
- Catered meal on Fridays
- Pet friendly Fridays
ABOUT OTTER MEDIA :
Otter Media is a digital media company focused on engaging, entertaining, and super serving fans globally. The company, formed by AT&T and The Chernin Group in 2014, is investing in, growing and operating companies involved in digital marketing, social media, video services, content development, production and distribution, and building the next best consumer brands. With more than $500 million in funding committed to the venture upon creation, Otter Media is well-positioned to take advantage of the rapid growth of online video and other compelling direct-to-consumer digital media experiences.
Otter Media’s portfolio includes:
Fullscreen Media, a leader in social-first entertainment experiences serving creators, brands and consumers;
Rooster Teeth, a media and entertainment company serving the video games community with a footprint of more than 35 million subscribers to its YouTube network, 5 million monthly visitors to RoosterTeeth.com, and 2 million registered community members;
Ellation, a media and entertainment company and home of industry-leading platforms Crunchyroll, the world’s largest destination for anime and manga, boasting a global community of more than 25 million registered users and over 1 million subscribers and VRV, a fast-growing entrant in the SVOD space and audience-focused aggregation platform;
A majority stake in Gunpowder & Sky, a digital-first studio creating and distributing innovative, edgy and narrative-driven content independent of form, genre or platform; and
A minority stake in Hello Sunshine, a cross-platform brand and content company for women founded with Reese Witherspoon.
Otter Media is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, protected veteran status, or disability.