Playa Vista, CA
Brandworks – Marketing & Communications
The Senior Copywriter must have mastered the skills of creative writing and concepting. The Senior Copywriter will lead a group of copywriters, managing and approving their work while also working on assignments with Creative Director, Art Directors, and Account Directors. This position reports into the Creative Director. The Sr. Copywriter takes creative briefs and works with Account, Strategy, Data, and Creative teams to develop inventive concepts and strategies. Oversee and execute cross-channel concepts through rounds and release.
You tend to take risks and are driven by the opportunities to make a difference. You’re excited to develop messaging for brands, create integrated campaigns, and share them with the masses. You are a storyteller, writer, and strategic thinker. You feel passionately about the role that copy plays and want to educate everyone around you.
- Produce outstanding work for clients across social, digital, editorial, and new emerging platforms
- Develop and implement cross-functional brand messaging and copywriting standards
- Write language for presentations, social posts, social video, and the occasional article or long form opportunity
- Develop brand messaging, narrative, and voice + tone for each campaign
- Pitch, explain and collaborate with clients on messaging and copy
- Serve as the chief editor on all copy to ensure that it adheres to the highest standards of quality and creative
- Collaborate with Creative Director and Producers to ensure cohesive creative strategy across copy and art
- Keep up to date on innovations on social platforms that impact changes in copy strategy, and communicate those changes frequently to Producers, Account Managers, and CD
- Be client-facing and be able to effectively communicate copy strategies as needed
- Proactively develops creative copy solutions to our client's business problems
- Provides insights and perspective to copy optimizations, based on direct/obvious observations
- Show flexibility, able to quickly change directionBuild and develop a team of FTE and contract copywriters
- Ability to confidently present to and lead conversations with our clients, and internal Directors.
- Research trends and competitive creative, continually bringing fresh ideas to the table.
- Combine an extraordinary attention to detail with a natural curiosity and need to innovate on Fullscreen creative daily.
- Bachelor’s Degree in English, Creative Writing, or Journalism preferred
- 5+ years experience in marketing, advertising or social media with experience in Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, Pinterest and other major platforms
- 5+ years agency experience preferred
- Expert knowledge of AP style guide
- Strong presentation and verbal communication skills
Fullscreen Media is a global leader in social-first entertainment experiences serving creators, brands and consumers. Fullscreen Media is comprised of three key businesses: Fullscreen Creator Network is the biggest network empowering creators through a variety of services, from audience development and programming support to management, content production and merchandising. Fullscreen Entertainment reaches consumers through creator-driven experiences from Fullscreen Live, original content from Fullscreen Productions and the pioneering Rooster Teeth studio, and subscription video on demand services “Fullscreen” and Rooster Teeth’s “FIRST.” Fullscreen Brandworks partners with major brands to tap into the power of social media with original entertainment, influencer marketing, multi-platform social content and targeted media through the Fullscreen Media Network.
For a behind-the-scenes glance at what it's like to work at Fullscreen Media, click HERE.
Fullscreen, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, protected veteran status, or disability.