Writer, Business PR & Communications
New York, NY
Brand Group – Marketing and PR
Fullscreen is looking for an outstanding copywriter with B2B experience working in Digital/Social media, and a background in developing innovative marketing copy designed to increase awareness and consideration with brand marketers and the digital advertising community. The Copywriter, Business Communications will be charged with crafting editorial pieces and copy for the Brand Group division to assist in building brand identity, communicating offerings and driving action that leads to sales. This role requires the ability to create communications across digital, social, video, mobile and print over a mix of brand and tactical projects while maintaining a high quality standard. As a copywriter/content marketer, you will research, write and edit copy that reflects our strategy while working closely with sales, research, marketing, PR, and design teams to brainstorm ideas, create concepts, and develop messaging. You’ll also have an expertise in B2B writing for digital/social channels and provide recommendations for what content works best for each as well as work with the marketing team on awe-inspiring creative/content both planned and real-time. An insights-driven, thought-provoking, fun and inspirational style is paramount, as your writing will need to convey our youthful brand tone. The ideal candidate is a creative storyteller and strategist who is passionate about driving business growth through persuasive and effective communication.
- Generate compelling marketing copy from creative concept through final copy while maintaining consistency in brand voice, tone and content across Fullscreen Brand Group communication pieces.
- Write original copy and edit copy for a wide range of internal and external corporate marketing and communications materials including but not limited to: concepts and copy for print collateral/ads/advertorials, video scripts and concepts, email subject lines and content, case studies, creative and people award submissions.
- Originate editorial/bylines on behalf of key Brand Group executives and work with the PR agency to place articles.
- Author content for Fullscreen Brand Group social channels: IG, Facebook, Twitter. Write posts and interact across social channels with the goal of educating and inspiring prospective clients.
- Write copy for fullscreenmedia.co/brands including blog posts, section headers, headlines, services description, case studies, executive profiles, and call to action.
- Create and manage content calendar.
- Monitor and analyze engagement, social data/metrics, insights and best practices and put them into practice.
- Use Search Engine Optimization (SEO) best practices for keyword usage for website landing pages.
- Use quantitative data and web analytics software like Google Analytics to iterate and improve copy.
- Proofread copy before drafts are routed to stakeholders, and again before uploading into systems or releasing.
- Partner with the Project Manager to manage all aspects of the writing and approval process while communicating regularly with stakeholders, tracking status, and delivering approved copy.
- Work in partnership with the Project Manager to create a copy asset management system and ensure that copy is accurate and maintained.
- Bachelors Degree in Journalism, English or Communications preferred.
- 3-5 years professional copywriting/editorial experience (solid portfolio of smart, compelling B2B marketing/advertising copy and editorial pieces required).
- Previous employment at an ad agency, publisher or media/content company.
- Exceptional copywriting and research skills with a proficiency in analyzing large amounts of statistical data and distilling down to smart, crisp copy.
- Demonstrable social networking experience and social analytics tools knowledge.
- Expert knowledge of AP style guide.
- Handle sensitive and confidential information with discretion.
- Ability to work independently and on a team in a fast-paced, creative environment.
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to coordinate multiple activities and prioritize conflicting demands while meeting deadlines.
- Knack for effectively interacting with senior-level stakeholders.
- Ego-free, proactive and enthusiastic team member.
Bonus Points If:
- Previous work at a technology, ad agency or entertainment company startup
- Proficiency in split testing, and/or knowledge of HTML
PERKS + BENEFITS
- Flexible dress code
- Kitchen stocked with snacks
- Pet Insurance
- Catered meal on Fridays
- Health, dental and vision benefits
- 401(k) with a company match
- Generous paid time off each year
- Both paid maternity time and paid paternity time
Fullscreen Media is a global leader in social-first entertainment experiences serving creators, brands and consumers. Fullscreen Media is comprised of three key businesses: Fullscreen Creator Network is the biggest network empowering creators through a variety of services, from audience development and programming support to management, content production and merchandising. Fullscreen Entertainment reaches consumers through creator-driven experiences from Fullscreen Live, and original content from the pioneering Rooster Teeth studio. Fullscreen Brand Group partners with major brands to tap into the power of social media with original entertainment, influencer marketing, multi-platform social content and targeted media through the Fullscreen Media Network.
Fullscreen, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, protected veteran status, or disability.