Data Governance Manager
Playa Vista, CA
Brand Group – Brand Services
Fullscreen is looking for a Data Governance Manager to own and lead Data Governance throughout the organization and within our Data & Analytics team. The primary responsibility of the Data Governance Manager will be to support the development and implementation of data standards, master data management, change management and management of data governance efforts for business, client and consumer data. This role is responsible for ensuring the health, accuracy and precision of data for the daily operations within the Data & Analytics team’s analytic and reporting outputs from internal and external systems. This role will also work in collaboration with the Data Engineering and Product Engineering teams to drive the design of tools that enable data quality and management of data policies and processes within internal tools, applications and processes.
Our ideal candidate must be a self-starter, able to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously, own deliverables end to end, prioritize workload effectively, and have a willingness to thrive in a dynamic environment.
- Lead the introduction, application and adherence to Data Governance concepts and behaviors across Fullscreen’s data and analytics products and solutions, ensuring we are meeting business and client needs while balancing quality, risk and cost
- Manage a measurable data governance framework with a focus on data quality improvements, process improvements and data security needs
- Lead and govern an enterprise data governance roadmap and master data governance implementation roadmap, including strategic priorities that support all future state process and data improvement efforts
- Develop and maintain an inventory of data elements by systems, interfaces, exchanges, upstream and downstream impacts
- Write technical documentation
- Analyze daily data exceptions to determine the root-cause of rule breaches and associated business impacts. Recommend data remediation resolution where applicable
- Coordinate cross-functional stakeholder groups to make decisions about data needs and required solutions when necessary
- Work with business and technical stakeholders to compile retention, archival, and disposal requirements and ensure compliance with regulatory requirements
- Collaborate with data providers to resolve source related data quality issues and make recommendations to continuously improve field-level data quality
- Provide master data reports, analyses, identify data quality vulnerability points and provide recommendations to plan for data quality practice and management.
- Support and execute data quality management including profiling, remediation, and business validation. By building dashboards and analytical tools monitoring & resolution with a focus on automation.
- Participate in the routine reporting of data quality metrics to business users as well as upper management.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience implementing Data Governance programs, including conducting data governance maturity assessments, developing data governance frameworks, and providing governance process recommendations to clients.
- 4 years of relevant experience implementing data quality and data governance standards, practices, and supporting models to achieve business objectives
- At least 1 year end to end implementation of a Data Governance Strategy/Roadmap and data governance maturity assessments
- Demonstrated consulting skills, with change management concepts and strategies
- Shown ability to work with business and analytics leaders to identify and align on workable business solutions to data quality requirements and challenges
- Extensive experience in leading projects with a team-focused approach - with the ability to prioritize, organize and manage deadlines
- Deep understanding of data structures, data interfaces and how data flows and transforms from source systems to the downstream systems
- Strong understanding of data warehouse concepts including dimensional models and change data capture
- Experience with Data Quality tools to profile, cleanse, standardize and enrich data
PERKS + BENEFITS
- Use What You Need Time Off
- Flexible dress code
- Kitchen stocked with snacks
- Pet Insurance
- Catered meal on Fridays
- Health, dental and vision benefits
- 401(k) with a company match
- Both paid maternity time and paid paternity time
Fullscreen is a social content company that provides creative, strategy, and marketing services for both talent and brand clients in order to grow, engage, and monetize their social audiences. Its unique clientele includes over 400 brands and over 2,500 creators and celebrities that generate more than 7 billion monthly video views across a global network of social channels.
For talent clients, Fullscreen provides management services, multi-platform content optimization, brand partnerships, and a powerful technology platform that helps our talent seamlessly analyze their data and create meaningful relationships with their fans.
For brand clients, Fullscreen works closely with marketers who seek to engage the new generation of consumers for whom social reach and community-building are essential for driving both brand awareness and affinity. Using proprietary data and technology, we predict and track consumer behavior to develop culturally-relevant social content based on trend insights.
Fullscreen has offices in Los Angeles and New York as well as team members across the country. Please visit fullscreen.com for more information.
Fullscreen, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. This means we are committed to recruiting, training, compensating and promoting our employees regardless of race, color, religion, sex, disability, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender or any other protected classes as required by applicable law that might make us unique or different. As a media company, we are dedicated to reflecting the diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion found in our viewers, creators, and partners. Inclusion is at the heart of what we do, from the way we craft our job descriptions, to the values we espouse daily.