Engineering Manager (Data & Applications)
Playa Vista, CA
Shared Services – Engineering
Fullscreen Media is looking for an experienced, hands-on engineering manager to lead a team of engineers to design, implement, enhance, and support new features and functionality across two of our product platforms: Creator Platform and Data Platform.
- Architect and enhance features for a social influencer platform with a deep focus on performance, scalability, quality and extensibility
- Design, enhance, and support data warehouse solution for Fullscreen multi-channel network (MCN) business unit.
- Develop schemas to collect data from multiple sources (i.e. PostgresSQL, Salesforce, Youtube API, Facebook API, etc.) and load them into AWS Redshift
- Create and support ETL processes to clean, centralize and move different types of data within the company to our AWS storage
- Design and implement RESTful API’s to provide data to multiple internal and external applications
- Provide diagnostic support and fix bugs across platforms
- Work with Agile team members to write clear, concise and comprehensive features
- Participate in Agile working practices such as daily scrum meetings, sprint planning meetings, reviews, and retrospectives
- Consistently execute against a product roadmap to deliver multiple features across the portfolio of service components enabling our clients to more effectively run their business
- Build relationships with product management and internal users to enable development teams to more effectively refine system requirements and size delivery efforts.
- Share your knowledge and experience with a highly motivated and collaborative team regarding code reviews, software designs and all other engineering and business aspects
- Provide clear, consistent leadership, management and mentoring for direct reports and the broader technology organization
- Help team members increase the breadth and depth of their technical and soft skills
- Perform personnel management tasks for all developers, including performance reviews, promotions, mentoring, and helping plan career growth
- BS in Computer Science, or equivalent industry experience
- 7+ years professional software development experience with a standard Rails stack (Rails, Postgres, ActiveAdmin, Redis, Sidekiq…)
- Experience designing and implementing high performance, large scale distributed services.
- Experience building integrations with 3rd party SOAP/REST API providers that can span multiple code sets, fail gracefully, and be highly extendable.
- Comfortable working with internal client teams to spec out requirements
- Confident in Test Driven Development (TDD) and profiling (our service is growing so speed and technical debt are a major concern)
- A passion for writing great code that is maintainable and standards-driven
- Strong grasp of Computer Science fundamentals (Data Structures, Algorithms, etc...)
Perks + Benefits
- Unlimited PTO
- Flexible dress code
- Kitchen stocked with snacks
- Pet Insurance
- Catered meal on Fridays
- Health, dental and vision benefits
- 401(k) with a company match
- Both paid maternity time and paid paternity time
Fullscreen Media is a global leader in social-first entertainment experiences serving creators, brands and consumers. Fullscreen Media is comprised of three key businesses: Fullscreen Creator Network is the biggest network empowering creators through a variety of services, from audience development and programming support to management, content production and merchandising. Fullscreen Entertainment reaches consumers through creator-driven experiences from Fullscreen Live, original content from Fullscreen Productions and the pioneering Rooster Teeth studio, and subscription video on demand services “Fullscreen” and Rooster Teeth’s “FIRST.” Fullscreen Brandworks partners with major brands to tap into the power of social media with original entertainment, influencer marketing, multi-platform social content and targeted media through the Fullscreen Media Network.
For a behind-the-scenes glance at what it's like to work at Fullscreen Media, click HERE.
Fullscreen, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. You will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, protected veteran status, or disability.