Front End Engineer - Rooster Teeth
Shared Services – Engineering
Rooster Teeth is a fast paced, rapidly growing team that creates award winning shows and feature length productions targeting gamers, anime fans and a wide range of others for both it’s own web platforms and others including YouTube, Netflix, Go90 and CrunchyRoll. We are looking for a Senior Front End Engineer who will be responsible for building well-designed applications with modern tools and best practices. The ideal candidate would have a passion for digital entertainment. The candidate would also have a proven track record of development experience to support and fulfill the strategic objectives of a highly cross-functional organization
- Work with the Front-End Architect, Product, & Design teams to understand and develop features.
- Understand your own skillset enough to predict feature complexity.
- Work with back-end architect on data requirements.
- Develop front end components in React per design specs.
- Code review of other Front end developers.
- BS in Computer Science or related field with 3+ years practical engineering experience in building and running web applications
- Experience with data transmission using AJAX, JSON, XML
- Experience working with Service Oriented Architecture and RESTful web services
- Knowledge of Responsive Design fundamentals
- Experience with one or more Automated UI testing frameworks (Karma, Mocha, Selenium, Jest, etc.)
- Understanding of web technologies (HTTP, web servers (Nginx, Apache))
- Ability to turn mockups from designers into code
- Understanding of client-side performance, how to evaluate and how to debug
- Build and bundling tools (Gulp, Grunt, Webpack)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Object Oriented Design and data structure knowledge
- Multitasking skills, ability to pay attention to detail and maintaining focus under a fast paced environment
- Heavy React experience
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Experience working with virtual machines and containers (Docker)
- Continuous integration and deployment pipelines
- NodeJS, Express Framework
- CSS preprocessors
- Experience with websockets or pub/sub technology
- Experience with mobile development (iOS, Android)
Perks + Benefits
- Use What You Need paid time off
- 100% Company paid health & dental benefits
- 401(k) with a company match
- Catered meal on Mondays
- Opportunity for career growth
- Flexible dress code
- Kitchen stocked with snacks
- Pet Friendly
ABOUT ROOSTER TEETH: Rooster Teeth is a pioneering creative production studio responsible for award-winning online videos such as "Red vs. Blue," the longest-running web series in history; globally acclaimed animated series "RWBY;" comedy gamer series, "The Gauntlet;" comedy series "Rooster Teeth Shorts;" and "Immersion," a show that tests video game concepts in the real world. Rooster Teeth founded and operates "Achievement Hunter," the popular gaming website, and produces the award-winning "Rooster Teeth Podcast," voted Best Gaming Podcast at the 2013 Podcast Awards. With a dedicated worldwide fan community, Rooster Teeth created RTX, an annual gaming and Internet convention held in Austin, TX, which attracts tens of thousands of gamers, online video fans and Rooster Teeth community members from around the world. The Rooster Teeth YouTube channel became the 4th most viewed YouTube channel in the world (non-music) in 2013. The Rooster Teeth multi-channel network has over 20 million YouTube subscribers and more than 5 billion views, and the Rooster Teeth website has 3 million unique monthly visitors with 1.8 million registered community members. Founded by Matt Hullum and Burnie Burns, Rooster Teeth is a subsidiary of Fullscreen, Inc., a global media company that develops online creators and produces multi-platform entertainment experiences. Discover more at http://www.roosterteeth.com.