Director, Employee Engagement & Internal Communications - Otter Media
Playa Vista, CA
Shared Services – Business Operations
Otter Media is seeking a Director, Internal Communications who will be an exceptional addition to our HR team. As the Director, Internal Communications at Otter, you will lead and build a team that delivers world class messaging, communications and programs that inform, influence and inspire our employees across our portfolio of brands. The right person for this role is able to garner commitment and cooperation from others at all levels, is creative, thoughtful and energetic and thrives in a collaborative, high-paced environment. If you are someone who is passionate about deepening employees' connection to their work and Otter, then this is a great role for you.
- Be the internal 'editor in chief' defining our voice and style, and crafting messages that are align to our culture and values.
- Oversee implementation of diversity and inclusion initiatives and recommend modifications or improvements as necessary for success.
- Collaborate with internal teams to develop a harmonious 'voice' across all team member experiences.
- Develops, oversees and/or executes company-wide employee engagement programs and events.
- Manage corporate social responsibility program and efforts for Otter.
- Design, build and manage communication channels and platforms, including our intranet, physical spaces, and live events.Manage various virtual and social technologies.
- Focus efforts on continuing to build and maintain Otter’s employer brand.
- Partner across PR and corporate communications to align and represent the Otter brand and company values internally.
- Lead all internal events. Oversee event planning and messaging.
- Build team member engagement in who we are and where we are going as a company.
- Be an outstanding personal and professional example of Otter's culture and values.
- 7-10 years of experience in communications, employee engagement, organization development, program management, human resources, public relations, employee communications or strategic communications required.
- An exceptional writer, recognized for clear and compelling output, often asked to edit the work of others.
- Exceptional verbal communication skills. Comfortable presenting to groups of all sizes.
- Experience in writing executive talking points and communications plans for senior leadership teams.
- Proven influencing skills across various levels in an organization.
- Thrives in a collaborative environment with a strong desire to interact with people at all levels.
- Relentlessly positive attitude and outstanding consulting skills with senior executive or high-profile leaders.
- Bachelor Degree in a related field.
Overview: Otter Media is a digital media company focused on engaging, entertaining, and super serving fans globally. The company, formed by AT&T and The Chernin Group in 2014, is investing in, growing and operating companies involved in digital marketing, social media, video services, content development, production and distribution, and building the next best consumer brands. With more than $500 million in funding committed to the venture upon creation, Otter Media is well-positioned to take advantage of the rapid growth of online video and other compelling direct-to-consumer digital media experiences.
Otter Media’s portfolio includes:
Fullscreen Media, a leader in social-first entertainment experiences serving creators, brands and consumers.
Rooster Teeth, a media and entertainment company serving the video games community with a footprint of more than 35 million subscribers to its YouTube network, 5 million monthly visitors to RoosterTeeth.com, and 2 million registered community members.
Ellation, a media and entertainment company and home of industry-leading platforms Crunchyroll, the world’s largest destination for anime and manga, boasting a global community of more than 25 million registered users and over 1 million subscribers and VRV, a fast-growing entrant in the SVOD space and audience-focused aggregation platform.
A majority stake in Gunpowder & Sky, a digital-first studio creating and distributing innovative, edgy and narrative-driven content independent of form, genre or platform.
A minority stake in Hello Sunshine, a cross-platform brand and content company for women founded with Reese Witherspoon.