Backend Software Engineer (Ruby on Rails)
Playa Vista, CA
Fullscreen Media, a global leader in social-first entertainment experiences serving creators, brands and consumers, is looking for a talented senior Backend Software Engineer to join our world-class engineering team building the engine that powers our website and native clients (mobile and set top box). You’ll work closely with internal teams to develop our CMS and maintain performance of our API as Fullscreen grows in the digital video space.
- Create features and optimizing existing functionality
- Design, build and maintain efficient, reusable and reliable Ruby code
- Create high performing, scalable solutions for various business and technical problems
- Follow-through from project inception through design to detailed completionIterate on solutions based on internal and external (customer) feedback
- Develop end-to-end data management solutions including database schema and performance tuningParticipate in design process, gathering requirements with other engineers and designers
- 4+ years professional software development experience with a standard Rails stack (Rails 4, Postgres, ActiveAdmin, Redis, Sidekiq…)
- Comfortable working with internal client teams (iOS, Android, marketing...) to spec out requirements
- Confident in Test Driven Development (TDD) and profiling (our service is growing so speed and technical debt are a major concern)
- A passion for writing great code that is maintainable and standards-driven
- Must be self-directed and be able to prioritize own workload
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science (preferred) and/or strong knowledge of CS fundamentals (Data Structures, Algorithms, etc...)
BONUS POINTS IF YOU HAVE...
- AWS Services
- Software (Apache, Memcached, Redis, Elasticsearch)
- Version control (Git)
BENEFITS & PERKS
- Unlimited PTO
- Flexible dress code
- Kitchen stocked with snacks
- Pet Insurance
- Catered meal on Fridays
- Health, dental and vision benefits
- 401(k) with a company match
- Both paid maternity time and paternity time
Fullscreen Media is a global leader in social-first entertainment experiences serving creators, brands and consumers. Fullscreen Media is comprised of three key businesses: Fullscreen Creator Network is the biggest network empowering creators through a variety of services, from audience development and programming support to management, content production and merchandising. Fullscreen Entertainment reaches consumers through creator-driven experiences from Fullscreen Live, original content from Fullscreen Productions and the pioneering Rooster Teeth studio, and subscription video on demand services “Fullscreen” and Rooster Teeth’s “FIRST.” Fullscreen Brandworks partners with major brands to tap into the power of social media with original entertainment, influencer marketing, multi-platform social content and targeted media through the Fullscreen Media Network.
For a behind-the-scenes glance at what it's like to work at Fullscreen Media, click HERE.
Fullscreen, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender