Senior Backend Software Engineer (RoR)
Playa Vista, CA
Shared Services – Engineering
Fullscreen Media, a global leader in social-first entertainment experiences serving creators, brands and consumers, is looking for a talented senior Backend Software Engineer to join our world-class engineering team building high-performance and scalable service APIs that drive users’ playback experience across all devices. The right person for this role is passionate about building systems that are optimized for scalability, efficiency, quality and uptime. If you are someone who gets excited with sub-millisecond service response time and building fault-tolerant systems at data center level, then this is a great role for you.
- Design and implement high performance, large scale and highly available distributed services.
- Follow-through from project inception through design to detailed completionIterate on solutions based on internal and external (customer) feedback
- Participate in design process, gathering requirements with other engineers and designers
- Define and lead the adoptions of best practices and processes.
- Test driven development and continuous integration.
- Collaborate efficiently with PM and other developers to build our next generation video streaming platform.
- Experiment with new technologies to make sure we can scale for the future.
- BS in Computer Science, or equivalent industry experience
- 4+ years professional software development experience with a standard Rails stack (Rails, Postgres, ActiveAdmin, Redis, Sidekiq…)
- Experience designing and implement high performance, large scale distributed services.
- Comfortable working with internal client teams (iOS, Android, marketing...) to spec out requirements
- Confident in Test Driven Development (TDD) and profiling (our service is growing so speed and technical debt are a major concern)
- A passion for writing great code that is maintainable and standards-driven
- Must be self-directed and be able to prioritize own workload
- Strong grasp Computer Science fundamentals (Data Structures, Algorithms, etc...)
BONUS POINTS IF YOU HAVE...
- AWS Services
- Software (Apache, Memcached, Redis, Elasticsearch)
- Version control (Git)
BENEFITS & PERKS
- Unlimited PTO
- Flexible dress code
- Kitchen stocked with snacks
- Pet Insurance
- Catered meal on Fridays
- Health, dental and vision benefits
- 401(k) with a company match
- Both paid maternity time and paternity time
Fullscreen Media is a global leader in social-first entertainment experiences serving creators, brands and consumers. Fullscreen Media is comprised of three key businesses: Fullscreen Creator Network is the biggest network empowering creators through a variety of services, from audience development and programming support to management, content production and merchandising. Fullscreen Entertainment reaches consumers through creator-driven experiences from Fullscreen Live, original content from Fullscreen Productions and the pioneering Rooster Teeth studio, and subscription video on demand services “Fullscreen” and Rooster Teeth’s “FIRST.” Fullscreen Brandworks partners with major brands to tap into the power of social media with original entertainment, influencer marketing, multi-platform social content and targeted media through the Fullscreen Media Network.
For a behind-the-scenes glance at what it's like to work at Fullscreen Media, click HERE.
Fullscreen, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender