Software Engineer, Full Stack
Playa Vista, CA
Shared Services – Engineering
Fullscreen Media, a global leader in social-first entertainment experiences serving creators, brands and consumers, is looking for an experienced Full Stack Software Engineer to join our Media/Video Engineering Team. You will be responsible for building well-designed web applications and cloud based distributed systems using Ruby on Rails. You will have experience with both, server and client side web applications using modern MVC frameworks. You are a passionate, self-driven Software Engineer who takes pride in your work, and enjoys working with small teams within a highly cross-functional engineering organization
- Design, build and maintain efficient, reusable and reliable Ruby code.
- Collaborate with team members to develop new features
- Participate in code & design reviews
- Help identify and devise solutions for bugs and maintain overall code quality
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, or related discipline
- 3+ years professional software development experience, preferably with Ruby / Ruby on Rails
- Strong Object Oriented software design skills
- Proficiency with Git
- Experience with test-driven development and using frameworks like RSpec, Cucumber, Capybara, or similar frameworks
BONUS POINTS IF YOU HAVE...
- Contributed to open source
- Have used advanced Postgres or Redis features
- Worked with more than one MVC framework
- Worked with AWS
- Experience with Service Oriented Architectures
- Understanding of video tools and concepts such as FFMPEG, DRM Encryption, Streaming
- Prior experience in the media and entertainment industry
PERKS & BENEFITS
- Unlimited PTO
- Flexible dress code
- Kitchen stocked with snacks
- Pet Insurance
- Catered meal on Fridays
- Health, dental and vision benefits
- 401(k) with a company match
- Both paid maternity time and paternity time
Fullscreen Media is a global leader in social-first entertainment experiences serving creators, brands and consumers. Fullscreen Media is comprised of three key businesses: Fullscreen Creator Network is the biggest network empowering creators through a variety of services, from audience development and programming support to management, content production and merchandising. Fullscreen Entertainment reaches consumers through creator-driven experiences from Fullscreen Live, original content from Fullscreen Productions and the pioneering Rooster Teeth studio, and subscription video on demand services “Fullscreen” and Rooster Teeth’s “FIRST.” Fullscreen Brandworks partners with major brands to tap into the power of social media with original entertainment, influencer marketing, multi-platform social content and targeted media through the Fullscreen Media Network.
For a behind-the-scenes glance at what it's like to work at Fullscreen Media, click HERE.
Fullscreen, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender