Motion Graphic Designer
Playa Vista, CA
Brand Group – Brand Services
● Create, cut, and edit video content using motion / animation for a variety of digital and social platforms for both our entertainment and brand clients.
● Optimize existing content to platform specification and customize assets to be relevant to current events / projects.
● Identity the best techniques and methods to communicate the story of a title or brand using video and animation.
● Problem solve creative and technical issues content regarding video, motion, and animation.
● Exhibit a discerning sense of design, illustration, and typography.● Collaborate with the team (both creative and accounts) and contribute to helping develop originalcontent for both short and long-form video projects.
● Have an understanding of social content and how animation has fit into social advertising.
● Demonstrate personal motivation to stay on top of social media and video trends.
Role and Responsibilities
● Participate in all kickoff and internal calls on project assignments including applicable brainstorms and show ownership of ideas.
● Ideate, brainstorm, and execute a range of motion graphic animation techniques.
○ Strong video editing skills (GIFs, montages, sound design / editing)○ Strong understanding of design layout, typography, and compositing○ Experienced compositing skills in rotoscoping, motion tracking, color correction, andmixed formats.
○ Strong knowledge of animation and design principles
○ Various forms of 2D to 2.5D motion graphic text animation● Utilize strong working knowledge of After Effects, Adobe Premiere, and Photoshop techniques.
● Experience in 3D animation. (Element 3D or Cinema 4D is a plus).
● Contribute to the creative process regarding any and all video / motion content.
● Have a strong (social / digital) understanding of best practices for rendering video and animation.
● Stay up to date with the latest trends in animated social content.
● Analyze project needs and manage account team expectations for intake, creation, and delivery of motion graphics.
● Partner with account teams to best integrate relevant styles of motion graphics with social media advertising strategy.
● Manage multiple projects at once and prioritize tasks with pressing deadlines and client needs.
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills to be effective in conveying clear feedback.
● Other duties as assigned.
● Due to the ever-changing nature of social media and the creative work we perform, all team members are expected to be adept and flexible in their duties.
● It is up to the Director and Manager to establish clear assignments and responsibilities for the team, using this description as a guide.