Director, Creators - Gaming & Variety
Playa Vista, CA /
Creator – Talent & Network /
The Director, Creators - Gaming & Variety is responsible for leading the strategic direction for the Gaming business within the Creator division -- you will be the head of Gaming & Variety at Fullscreen.
You will have a track record of both successfully leading large, cross-functional teams to deliver results against ambitious goals and provide world-class partner management to top gaming talent.
You should be a fast-mover and a self-starter. You know how to innovate in a dynamic industry where getting there first matters. You are also a leader who builds systems and best practices, creates efficiencies, solves problems, and can work with a wide range of personality types across a large organization. You should be able to instill confidence & rigor into a team and greater organization and create a culture where people are inspired to do their best work and grow within Fullscreen. You are described by your teams as the ultimate ‘player/coach’ -- you know instinctively how to balance both roles.
You must have a proven track-record and a deep network in the gaming and/or e-sports industries. It goes without saying that you should have a real passion for gaming, digital entertainment, YouTube and the world of social media. You will have a background in media, particularly social video with a deep knowledge of platform optimization and best practices. Experience creating world-class content with top gaming talent is required. You should understand traditional talent and gamers’ unique qualities, communication styles, and priorities.
You are seen as a thought-leader in the gaming industry. By leveraging your strong relationships, you will find win-win opportunities with the industry’s leading figures and personalities. You will be a hard-working leader, a strong critical thinker, and you are motivated by a competitive hunger and passion for gaming.
- Build and execute bold growth plans for the Gaming vertical and team
- Lead the team that helps our talent partners re-imagine how best to grow and engage their community and drive their business objectives
- Develop a data-driven framework for how Fullscreen identifies, prioritizes, evaluates and pursues potential talent partners and retains existing partners
- Manage business development for Gaming to ensure that we build, manage, and progress a robust pipeline of new top-tier partnership opportunities
- Build frameworks to support new talent partners through the onboarding process and liaise with Fullscreen product and technical support if/as needed
- Hire, train, coach, grow and inspire the team and top performers, giving individuals opportunities to level up, and grow within Fullscreen and increase employee retention
- Work and collaborate with a diverse group of internal cross-functional teams, including Lifestyle, Growth & Optimization, Media Sales, Content, Data, Brand Partnerships, Product, Finance and Accounting
- Be an internal advocate for our talent partners -- proactively resolve business issues for them
- Seek out and secure new revenue streams, brand partnership and content collaboration opportunities for partners
- Build and manage deep relationships with a roster of talent and talent representatives in Gaming and key platform representatives at Google/YouTube, Facebook/Instagram, Twitter, Twitch, Mixer, Tik Tok, Snap, and others
- Lead Fullscreen teams at events, conventions, and festivals ensuring we have a tight, consistent message, clear KPIs and support to execute the mission
- Create the future of streamer video-on-demand content through creative deal structures, operational processes, and leveraging cross-functional resources
- Outline and oversee measurement, tracking, and results against team OKRs to guide the evolution of talent and portfolio content strategy
- 10+ years experience in the gaming industry focused on talent relations, social media services, or other areas of the industry directly relevant to this role
- 5+ years managing large, complex teams including Sr. Manager and Director level employees
- A proven track-record of strong team leadership balanced with delivering results
- Thorough understanding of top gaming talentImpeccable ability to professionally communicate via phone, email, text message, and in person
- Expertise and interest in the YouTube and social media space
- Detail-oriented and process-driven with the ability to effectively manage multiple projects and go above and beyond
- Strong relationship-building skills and are apt to see win-win opportunities
- Demonstrated ability to think outside of the box and be solutions-oriented.
- Flexibility to handle changing market conditions and workload under tight deadlines.
- Well-organized, highly self-motivated, optimistic and positive attitude.
- Enjoys working in a high performing environment.
- Have a proven track record of meeting and exceeding expectations to support and fulfill the strategic objectives of a highly cross-functional organization
- Above all else, this role requires critical thinking, constant learning, a bias towards action, and a passion for the space.
Perks & Benefits
- Flexible dress code
- Kitchen stocked with snacks
- Pet Insurance
- Catered meal on FridaysHealth, dental and vision benefits401(k) with a company match
- Generous paid time off each year
- Both paid maternity time and paid paternity time
Fullscreen is a social content company that provides creative, strategy, and marketing services for both talent and brand clients in order to grow, engage, and monetize their social audiences. Its unique clientele includes over 400 brands and over 2,500 creators and celebrities that generate more than 7 billion monthly video views across a global network of social channels.
For talent clients, Fullscreen provides management services, multi-platform content optimization, brand partnerships, and a powerful technology platform that helps our talent seamlessly analyze their data and create meaningful relationships with their fans.
For brand clients, Fullscreen works closely with marketers who seek to engage the new generation of consumers for whom social reach and community-building are essential for driving both brand awareness and affinity. Using proprietary data and technology, we predict and track consumer behavior to develop culturally-relevant social content based on trend insights.
Fullscreen has offices in Los Angeles and New York as well as team members across the country. Please visit fullscreen.com for more information.
Fullscreen, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. This means we are committed to recruiting, training, compensating and promoting our employees regardless of race, color, religion, sex, disability, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender or any other protected classes as required by applicable law that might make us unique or different. As a media company, we are dedicated to reflecting the diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion found in our viewers, creators, and partners. Inclusion is at the heart of what we do, from the way we craft our job descriptions, to the values we espouse daily.