3D Character Modeler - Contract
Rooster Teeth Animation is looking for a talented and passionate contract 3D character modeler to join its art team. The ideal candidate will have demonstrable experience modeling high-poly character and creature models, with the ability to take an asset from concept to a final 3D, textured model.
- Work closely with the Director, art team and other team disciplines to create stunning 3D assets including characters, creatures, weapons and other assets using provided concept art
- Generate rich textures and materials that complement the established art style
- Support the overall vision for the project while taking ownership of assigned work
- Work within a production schedule and meet deadlines in a timely matter
- Communicate with production, art management, and other departments
- Proactively stay current with new software, asset development processes and industry trends and share this knowledge with the team.
- 3+ years of professional experience with 3D asset creation
- Must have strong examples of stylized human characters
- Expert knowledge of Maya (or similar 3d package like 3DS Max)
- Expert knowledge of creating rigging friendly topology
- Expert knowledge of PhotoshopExcellent communication, organization and time management skills
- Must provide a Portfolio and Resume
- Examples of stylized creatures
- Experience working in full CG animated shows
- Passion for anime
- Experience with Redshift Renderer
Perks + Benefits
- Use What You Need paid time off
- 100% Company paid health & dental benefits
- 401(k) with a company match
- Catered meal on Mondays
- Opportunity for career growth
- Flexible dress code
- Kitchen stocked with snacks
- Pet Friendly
ABOUT ROOSTER TEETH:
Rooster Teeth is a pioneering creative production studio responsible for award-winning online videos such as "Red vs. Blue," the longest-running web series in history; globally acclaimed animated series "RWBY;" comedy gamer series, "The Gauntlet;" comedy series "Rooster Teeth Shorts;" and "Immersion," a show that tests video game concepts in the real world. Rooster Teeth founded and operates "Achievement Hunter," the popular gaming website, and produces the award-winning "Rooster Teeth Podcast," voted Best Gaming Podcast at the 2013 Podcast Awards. With a dedicated worldwide fan community, Rooster Teeth created RTX, an annual gaming and Internet convention held in Austin, TX, which attracts tens of thousands of gamers, online video fans and Rooster Teeth community members from around the world. The Rooster Teeth YouTube channel became the 4th most viewed YouTube channel in the world (non-music) in 2013. The Rooster Teeth multi-channel network has over 20 million YouTube subscribers and more than 5 billion views, and the Rooster Teeth website has 3 million unique monthly visitors with 1.8 million registered community members. Founded by Matt Hullum and Burnie Burns, Rooster Teeth is a subsidiary of Fullscreen, Inc., a global media company that develops online creators and produces multi-platform entertainment experiences. Discover more at http://www.roosterteeth.com.
Fullscreen, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, protected veteran status, or disability.