Director of Development
Playa Vista, CA
Creator – Talent & Network
Young audiences consume more content today than ever before, and both traditional and social platforms are exploding with new programming. Come to Fullscreen and learn what it means to create and program content for the audiences of tomorrow! This role is a unique blend of content development, talent development, digital strategy, and discovery. The director of development will nurture young talent voices and help package and create ideas and new formats that touch consumers across multiple mediums.
A solid understanding of the social video landscape, the evolving AVOD & SVOD entertainment industry, as well as the live streaming world are required.
Responsibilities to include, but are not limited to:
- Research & development of format concepts from pre-production to delivery of treatments, decks and sizzles.
- Generating, developing, casting, and producing format show development concepts.
- Cultivate and maintain strong relationships with agents, producers, directors, talent and network executives.
- Managing all projects and assignments in a timely and complete manner.
- Researching concepts for new shows and thinking about new content environments. Pitching “Format” show concepts.
- Hearing and soliciting incoming pitches.
- Strong development history and talent for identifying unique relevant material.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Initiative to take on new tasks and responsibilities.
- Ability to establish effective relationships internally and externally.
- Excels under pressure in demanding, fast-paced environment.
- Highly self-motivated, well organized with a strong work ethic.
- Ability to negotiate and effectively reach resolution.
- Demonstrated collaboration skills.
PERKS & BENEFITS
- Flexible dress code
- Kitchen stocked with snacks
- Pet Insurance
- Catered meal on Fridays
- Health, dental and vision benefits
- 401(k) with a company match
- Generous paid time off each year
- Both paid maternity time and paid paternity time
Fullscreen is a social content company that provides creative, strategy, and marketing services for both talent and brand clients in order to grow, engage, and monetize their social audiences. Its unique clientele includes over 400 brands and over 2,500 creators and celebrities that generate more than 7 billion monthly video views across a global network of social channels.
For talent clients, Fullscreen provides management services, multi-platform content optimization, brand partnerships, and a powerful technology platform that helps our talent seamlessly analyze their data and create meaningful relationships with their fans.
For brand clients, Fullscreen works closely with marketers who seek to engage the new generation of consumers for whom social reach and community-building are essential for driving both brand awareness and affinity. Using proprietary data and technology, we predict and track consumer behavior to develop culturally-relevant social content based on trend insights.
Fullscreen has offices in Los Angeles and New York as well as team members across the country. Please visit fullscreen.com for more information.
Fullscreen, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. This means we are committed to recruiting, training, compensating and promoting our employees regardless of race, color, religion, sex, disability, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender or any other protected classes as required by applicable law that might make us unique or different. As a media company, we are dedicated to reflecting the diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion found in our viewers, creators, and partners. Inclusion is at the heart of what we do, from the way we craft our job descriptions, to the values we espouse daily.