Jr. Copywriter (Temp)
Playa Vista, CA
Brand Group – Brand Studio
Tweet more than you talk? #NationalTacoDay marked on your calendar? Routinely receive high engagement for clever Instagram captions? We're a leading social media content agency on the hunt for an social-minded, strategic Jr. Copywriter to join our ranks to take the creative lead on all things editorial, copy and messaging for entertainment clients in a fast-paced, agency environment.
- This is a 40 hours/week temp role
- Serve as dedicated, strategic writing producer for day-to-day entertainment-related copy needs and requests while supporting the Sr. Copywriter.
- Participate in creative brainstorming and planning.
- Write original creative copy options across multiple platforms, often under tight turnaround deadlines.
- Build out content calendars.
- Interpret client objectives and feedback into compelling, audience-centric language.
- Produce revised copy options based on client and manager direction and feedback.
- Creative storytelling in 140 characters or less on a consistent basis.
- Ensure all deliverables are meeting standards and are in line with the creative direction established.
- Maintain a keen editor’s eye. Strong attention to detail with grammar and spelling mistakes.
- Use working knowledge of AP style guide.
- Refine first passes of writing from other team members.
- Offer copy suggestions, comments, and insights.
- Help develop strategic copy alongside Sr. Copywriter that provide direction to the larger team.
- Bachelor’s Degree in English, Creative Writing or Journalism preferred
- 3+ years experience in marketing, advertising or social media
- Entertainment experience preferred
- Excellent short-form writing skills in a variety of voices and tones
- Solid grammar, editing and proofreading capabilities
- Willingness to push your craft to keep up with industry movement
- Social fluency and a solid understanding of how to drive conversation and engagement across social channels
- A natural flare for the unique, the buzzworthy and the culturally relevant
- Ability to think strategically and conceptualize creatively
- Strong presentation and verbal communication skills
- Ability to thrive in and contribute to a creatively collaborative environment
- Excellent time management required in order to service multiple teams as a shared resource.
- Comfortable working remotely
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines in a fast-paced environment
Fullscreen Media is a global leader in social-first entertainment experiences serving creators, brands and consumers. Fullscreen Media is comprised of three key businesses: Fullscreen Creator Network is the biggest network empowering creators through a variety of services, from audience development and programming support to management, content production and merchandising. Fullscreen Entertainment reaches consumers through creator-driven experiences from Fullscreen Live, original content from Fullscreen Productions and the pioneering Rooster Teeth studio, and subscription video on demand services “Fullscreen” and Rooster Teeth’s “FIRST.” Fullscreen Brandworks partners with major brands to tap into the power of social media with original entertainment, influencer marketing, multi-platform social content and targeted media through the Fullscreen Media Network.
For a behind-the-scenes glance at what it's like to work at Fullscreen Media, click HERE.
Fullscreen, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, protected veteran status, or disability.