Director, Creators - Public Figures
Playa Vista, CA
Creator – Talent & Network
The Director, Creators - Public Figures is responsible for leading the Public Figures business within the Creator division -- you will be the head of Public Figures at Fullscreen.
You have a long track record of working with the world’s top tier public figures in Film, TV, Music, Sports, and more. You are also a leader who has successfully led large, cross-functional teams to deliver results against ambitious goals and you know instinctively how to provide world-class, white-glove partner management to public figures and their teams.
You should be an entrepreneurial spirited individual who focuses first on building businesses with tenacity but can also drive stability across your teams by building systems and best practices, creating efficiencies, solving problems, and working with a wide range of personality types across the larger organization. You should be able to instill confidence & rigor into a team and greater organization and create a culture where people are inspired to do their best work on behalf of our partners. You are described by your teams as the ultimate ‘player/coach’ -- you know instinctively how to balance both roles.
You are seen as a thought-leader in entertainment, in particular by public figures in Film, TV, Music, and Sports and their business teams of agents, managers, publicists and more. They know and trust you, partly through your experience creating world-class content with top talent. You should understand the unique qualities, communication styles, and priorities of public figures and their business teams.
- Build and execute bold growth plans for the Public Figures business
- Lead the team that helps our public figures talent partners re-imagine how best to grow and engage their community and drive their business objectives
- Develop a data-driven framework for how Fullscreen identifies, prioritizes, evaluates and pursues potential public figures talent partners and retains existing partners
- Lead and manage business development efforts for Public Figures to ensure that we build, manage, and progress a robust pipeline of new top-tier talent partners
- Build frameworks to support new talent partners through the onboarding process and liaise with Fullscreen product and technical support if/as needed
- Hire, train, coach, grow and inspire the team and top performers, giving individuals opportunities to level up, and grow within Fullscreen and increase employee retention
- Work and collaborate with a diverse group of internal cross-functional teams, including Lifestyle, Growth & Optimization, Media Sales, Content, Data, Brand Partnerships, Product, Finance and Accounting
- Be an internal advocate for our public figures partners -- proactively resolve business issues for them
- Seek out and secure new revenue streams, brand partnership and content collaboration opportunities for partners
- Build and manage deep relationships with key executives in Film, TV, Music, and Sports and at Google/YouTube, Facebook/Instagram, Twitter, Twitch and other platforms
- Lead Fullscreen teams at events, conventions, and festivals ensuring we have a tight, consistent message, clear KPIs and support to execute the mission
- Oversee the production of world-class content for our Public Figures clients and create the future of gamer video-on-demand content
- Outline and oversee measurement, tracking, and results delivery to guide the evolution of talent and portfolio content strategy
- 10+ years experience in the entertainment industry focused on top tier talent services, social media management, or other areas of the industry directly relevant to this role 5+ years managing a team including
- A proven track-record of strong team leadership balanced with delivering results
- Thorough understanding of top talent in Film, TV, Music, and Sports and their social media presence
- Impeccable ability to professionally communicate via phone, email, text message, and in person
- Expertise and interest in the YouTube and social media space
- Detail-oriented and process-driven with the ability to effectively manage multiple projects and go above and beyond
- Strong relationship-building skills and are apt to see win-win opportunities
- Demonstrated ability to think outside of the box and be solutions-oriented
- Flexibility to handle changing market conditions and workload under tight deadlines
- Well-organized, highly self-motivated, optimistic and positive attitude
- Enjoys working in a high performing environment
- Have a proven track record of meeting and exceeding expectations to support and fulfill the strategic objectives of a highly cross-functional organization
- Above all else, this role requires critical thinking, constant learning, a bias towards action, and a passion for the space.
Perks & Benefits
- Flexible dress code
- Kitchen stocked with snacks
- Pet Insurance
- Catered meal on FridaysHealth, dental and vision benefits401(k) with a company match
- Generous paid time off each year
- Both paid maternity time and paid paternity time
Fullscreen is a social content company that provides creative, strategy, and marketing services for both talent and brand clients in order to grow, engage, and monetize their social audiences. Its unique clientele includes over 400 brands and over 2,500 creators and celebrities that generate more than 7 billion monthly video views across a global network of social channels.
For talent clients, Fullscreen provides management services, multi-platform content optimization, brand partnerships, and a powerful technology platform that helps our talent seamlessly analyze their data and create meaningful relationships with their fans.
For brand clients, Fullscreen works closely with marketers who seek to engage the new generation of consumers for whom social reach and community-building are essential for driving both brand awareness and affinity. Using proprietary data and technology, we predict and track consumer behavior to develop culturally-relevant social content based on trend insights.
Fullscreen has offices in Los Angeles and New York as well as team members across the country. Please visit fullscreen.com for more information.
Fullscreen, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. This means we are committed to recruiting, training, compensating and promoting our employees regardless of race, color, religion, sex, disability, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender or any other protected classes as required by applicable law that might make us unique or different. As a media company, we are dedicated to reflecting the diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion found in our viewers, creators, and partners. Inclusion is at the heart of what we do, from the way we craft our job descriptions, to the values we espouse daily.