Jr. Project Manager
Playa Vista, CA
Entertainment – Content & Production
We’re looking for an enthusiastic team-player who can manage multiple projects at once, from start to finish, while also helping to manage the workflow of our internal team at large. If you’re a flexible go-getter with a keen eye for meticulous details and have the personality to light up any room, this position could be the perfect fit for you!
- Assist the team’s project managers in overseeing 10-15 projects from beginning to end; with emphasis on leading the design project management of the team.
- Help manage the day-to-day workflow of the design team (5-7 designers) by strategically thinking through scope of work and available resources
- Assess each incoming request in terms of breadth, depth, and scope of assignment
- Ensure that all deadlines are met under reasonable circumstances and communicate with designers and/or accounts teams when priorities need to shift.
- Evaluate the overall needs of McBeard Accounts Teams to access which priorities need to precede another.
- Be the communication liaison between account team members and designers on the team
- Work with Art Director and Designers to spearhead creative planning from a project management point of view.
- Partner with the team’s Creative Lead and Account Lead to assess project management needs for the team and offer support to maintain smooth communication and process flow.
- Provide stock image needs to team members on a daily basis.
- Organize and keep current the Design Central Dropbox’s Stock Assets on a regular basis.
- Work closely with the Project Managers to keep a working knowledge of all current and upcoming projects and assist in determining team-wide bandwidth for future needs.
- Demonstrate personal motivation to learn/master all things related to design.
- Assist and be a liaison between accounts and creatives for decks and new project pitches.
- Develop and apply organizational processes and procedures that may be helpful for workflow, while ensuring all work is up to McBeard best practices.
- Other duties as assigned
- At least 2+ years of professional working experience; agency or related experience preferred
- Demonstrated interest in project management and social media marketing/advertising
- Proficiency with Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) and Google Apps (Google Drive, Docs, Sheets, etc.) required
- Sharp attention to detailPolished written and verbal communication skills; ability to communicate with all levels of the company
- Natural problem-solver who can think quickly through unforeseen issues
- Proactive, enthusiastic, and willing to go the extra mile
- Ability to garner buy-in from team members
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred; will consider certifications and/or similar trade experience
- Previous experience with project management
- Design/art background with a working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Experience working with an enterprise project management tool, such as: Mavenlink (preferred), Jira, Basecamp, Wrike, Workfront, etc.
We are a team of copywriters and designers creating the daily social media content that great brands share. We love social media, and we are seeking candidates who also demonstrate a passion for it. We're most attracted to candidates who want to be the best and are willing to work hard, learn fast, put clients first, and execute quickly. Clients include Coca-Cola, AT&T, 20th Century Fox, Sony Pictures, Mary Kay, Lionsgate, NBC, Disney Interactive, Mattel, and more.
McBeard is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, protected veteran status, or disability.