Principal Data Engineer
Fullscreen Media, a global leader in social-first entertainment experiences serving creators, brands and consumers, is looking for a Principal Data Engineer who will be responsible for managing our data intelligence platform that will support mission critical usage of data for customer analysis, marketing optimizations, BI, and business forecasting. This is a highly visible senior role that will help drive the vision for how we architect and deploy our data platform. The opportunity to stay fresh with the technical details is critical since the data intelligence team will need consultation along the way on real-time patterns, mining/modeling, data architecture, and traditional BI/DW integration.
- Manage the team of data/software engineers responsible for delivering reusable platform components or solutions on the Data Intelligence Platform
- Manage the architecture, design, prototype, development, testing, and implementation of platform components; and ensure they meet established specifications on time and quality standards
- Ensure features deployed have technical integrity and stability at significant scale in a multi-tenant environment
- Engage in concept discussions, proposed technology solutions, to meet business objectives
- Provide strategic influence across groups, projects and products to implement cost-effective technology solutions to solve complex business problems
- Engage with senior leadership to articulate opportunities, costs, and risks associated with decisions made around the platform architecture and implementation
- Work with engineering leadership to define and implement platform standards and practices
- 7+ years of data engineering or related experience
- Strong grasp and understanding in computer science fundamentals
- Strong knowledge in various data related technologies: RDBMS, NoSQL, Data Warehouse, Distributed Computing, and BI/Analytics
- Independent, energetic, highly technical, and capable of driving for results under pressure and ambiguityInclusive hands-on leadership style with proven experience leading, motivating, developing, and inspiring a team of engineers
- Proven knowledge and experience implementing large scale BI/Data Warehouse solutions on large data set
- BS/MS in Computer Science, or equivalent preferred
- Proficient knowledge of Ruby/Python/Java
- Experience with Redshift and/or Hadoop (Hive) development is a huge plus
- Passion for and knowledge of YouTube, and digital entertainment and the world of social media influencers.
Perks + Benefits
- Flexible work schedule and dress code
- Unlimited PTO
- Kitchen fully stocked with snacks
- Want to learn CoffeeScript? Brush up on CSS? Dabble in iOS development? Dive right in with a free Code School subscription!
- Enjoy our vast reference library of DRM-free eBooks. Don’t see the one you like? We’ll buy it!
- Pet Insurance
- Catered meal on Fridays
- Health, dental and vision benefits
- 401(k) with a company match
- Both paid maternity time and paid paternity time
Fullscreen Media is a global leader in social-first entertainment experiences serving creators, brands and consumers. Fullscreen Media is comprised of three key businesses: Fullscreen Creator Network is the biggest network empowering creators through a variety of services, from audience development and programming support to management, content production and merchandising. Fullscreen Entertainment reaches consumers through creator-driven experiences from Fullscreen Live, original content from Fullscreen Productions and the pioneering Rooster Teeth studio, and subscription video on demand services “Fullscreen” and Rooster Teeth’s “FIRST.” Fullscreen Brandworks partners with major brands to tap into the power of social media with original entertainment, influencer marketing, multi-platform social content and targeted media through the Fullscreen Media Network.
For a behind-the-scenes glance at what it's like to work at Fullscreen Media, click HERE.
Fullscreen, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. You will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, protected veteran status, or disability.