Publicity Internship (LA) - Summer 2017
Playa Vista, CA
Marketing & Communications
Are you an undergrad junior/senior or grad student who loves pop culture and the Gen-Z/millennial audience with interest in all things communications? Fullscreen Media is looking for a paid publicity intern to join our 12 week internship program! Interns will work closely with the Fullscreen publicity lead to execute public relations programs. Responsibilities will include: conducting research, developing media lists, pitching story ideas to media, developing and writing media materials and fielding press requests as appropriate.
The ideal candidate would have a passion for and knowledge of YouTube, publicity, digital entertainment and the world of social media influencers. The candidate would also have a proven track record of writing and organizing to support and fulfill the strategic objectives of a highly cross-functional organization. This is a 30 hour/week internship position. In your time with us you will learn how to launch a press campaign and acquire important skills through hands on experience.
- Research information and media contacts; maintain databases
- Pitching story ideas to press
- Assemble and create the weekly press clips package for company-wide distribution
- Assist with VIP publicity events such as in-house press screenings, series premieres, parties & awards events
- Other office duties as assigned
- Must be on-site in Playa Vista office throughout internship
- Have 3.0 GPA or higher, be currently enrolled 3rd/4th year undergraduate student or graduate student
- Ability to work and prioritize work assignments
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment under deadlines
- Ability to interact with executives, celebrities and vendors confidently and professionally
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Prior internship experience in a related field, a plus
Perks + Benefits
- Internship is paid
- Flexible dress code
- Kitchen stocked with snacks
- Catered meal on Fridays
Fullscreen Media is a global leader in social-first entertainment experiences serving creators, brands and consumers. Fullscreen Media is comprised of three key businesses: Fullscreen Creator Network is the biggest network empowering creators through a variety of services, from audience development and programming support to management, content production and merchandising. Fullscreen Entertainment reaches consumers through creator-driven experiences from Fullscreen Live, original content from Fullscreen Productions and the pioneering Rooster Teeth studio, and subscription video on demand services “Fullscreen” and Rooster Teeth’s “FIRST.” Fullscreen Brandworks partners with major brands to tap into the power of social media with original entertainment, influencer marketing, multi-platform social content and targeted media through the Fullscreen Media Network.
For a behind-the-scenes glance at what it's like to work at Fullscreen Media, clickHERE.
Fullscreen, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, protected veteran status, or disability.