Senior Front End Software Engineer - Rooster Teeth
Rooster Teeth is a fast paced, rapidly growing team that creates award winning shows and feature length productions targeting gamers, anime fans and a wide range of others for both it’s own web platforms and others including YouTube, Netflix, Go90 and CrunchyRoll. We are looking for a Senior Front End Software Engineer who will be responsible for building well-designed web applications with modern tools and best practices. The candidate would also have a proven track record of development experience to support and fulfill the strategic objectives of a highly cross-functional organization
- Work with front-end architect, product, and design teams to understand and develop features.
- Understand your own skill-set enough to predict feature complexity.
- Work with back-end architect on data requirements.
- Develop front end components in React per design specs.
- Code review of other Front end developers.
- BS in Computer Science, or equivalent industry experience
- 3+ years practical engineering experience in building and running web applications.
- Experience with data transmission using AJAX, JSON, XML.
- Experience working with Service Oriented Architecture and RESTful web services.
- Knowledge of Responsive Design fundamentals.
- Experience with one or more Automated UI testing frameworks (Karma, Mocha, Selenium, Jest, etc.).
- Understanding of web technologies (HTTP, web servers (Nginx, Apache)).
- Ability to turn mockups from designers into code.
- Understanding of client-side performance, how to evaluate and how to debug.
- Build and bundling tools (Gulp, Grunt, Webpack).
BONUS POINTS if you have...
- Have a passion for digital entertainment.
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
- Experience working with virtual machines and containers (Docker).
- Continuous integration and deployment pipelines.
- NodeJS, Express Framework.
- CSS preprocessors.
- Experience with web sockets or pub/sub technology.
- Experience with mobile development (iOS, Android).
ABOUT ROOSTER TEETH:
Rooster Teeth is a pioneering studio responsible for some of the biggest online series in history, such as the award-winning and longest-running web series, Red vs. Blue. They also produce the globally acclaimed animated series RWBY, the first western anime series to be distributed in Japan; the award-winning Rooster Teeth Podcast; and Immersion, a reality format that brings video game theory to the real world. Rooster Teeth has a massive global footprint of more than 30 million subscribers to its YouTube Network, 5 million unique monthly visitors to its RoosterTeeth.com hub and 2 million registered community members. The company was founded in 2003, and is now a subsidiary of Fullscreen Media, a global youth media company that develops online creators and produces multi-platform entertainment experiences. Discover more at RoosterTeeth.com
Fullscreen, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, protected veteran status, or disability.