Director, Unscripted Development
Playa Vista, CA
Content & Production
We are looking for a Director of Unscripted Development who will be responsible for soliciting, creating, developing and overseeing short and longer form non-scripted series and specials for Fullscreen’s SVOD platform. The ideal candidate would be able to see a project from initial inception through deals, notes and delivery. Experience in unscripted content production is helpful. This role will report to the VP, Unscripted Development.
- Create, pitch and develop original show ideas for digital media platforms
- Work with Influencers to develop dynamic, engaging content
- Solicit, review and discern pitches from agencies, production companies, producers, and/or talent
- Work with legal to put together deals
- Develop and see through shows from pre-production through delivery
- 8-10 years of experience developing and/or producing unscripted content, with strong relationships with unscripted production companies, agents, producers, etc.
- Must have a vast knowledge of the social influencer space
- Have an eye for high quality unscripted fare and be comfortable defending opinions in a collaborative environment
- Have a current awareness of new talent and popular culture
- Be able to identify unique ideas and talent before it ‘bubbles up’ to broader public awareness and able to translate that into successful programming
- Must be comfortable delegating duties, managing teams, and including people on projects and meetings where appropriate
- Experience in the young adult marketplace
Perks + Benefits
- Use What You Need paid time off
- Flexible dress code
- Kitchen stocked with snacks
- Pet Insurance
- Catered meal on Fridays
- Health, dental and vision benefits
- 401(k) with a company match
- Both paid maternity time and paid paternity time
Fullscreen Media is a global leader in social-first entertainment experiences serving creators, brands and consumers. Fullscreen Media is comprised of three key businesses: Fullscreen Creator Network is the biggest network empowering creators through a variety of services, from audience development and programming support to management, content production and merchandising. Fullscreen Entertainment reaches consumers through creator-driven experiences from Fullscreen Live, original content from Fullscreen Productions and the pioneering Rooster Teeth studio, and subscription video on demand services “Fullscreen” and Rooster Teeth’s “FIRST.” Fullscreen Brandworks partners with major brands to tap into the power of social media with original entertainment, influencer marketing, multi-platform social content and targeted media through the Fullscreen Media Network.
For a behind-the-scenes glance at what it's like to work at Fullscreen Media, click HERE.
Fullscreen, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, protected veteran status, or disability.