Vice President, Public Relations
Playa Vista, CA
Marketing & Communications
We’re looking for a Vice President, Public Relations who has a passion for connecting leading press and audiences with great stories and content experiences that impact popular culture.Reporting to the Chief Marketing Officer, this leader will join Fullscreen at an exciting time of growth and innovation. The candidate will oversee publicity for Fullscreen content and experiences, including original films and series, partner content, branded content, short form programming, events and more.
The position requires a broad range of skills and experience. First and foremost, the role requires a team player who can bring out the best in an already incredible team. The winning candidate will differentiate her/himself by their ability to creating and implementing strategic PR plans, including proactive initiatives that will help secure needle-moving media attention for Fullscreen creators and content. Enthusiastically collaborates with internal and external clients, handles quickly approaching deadlines and “fire drills” with grace, and absolutely loves online video. The right candidate has existing, strong relationships with top media across business, technology, entertainment and lifestyle verticals. Lastly, this person must be experienced in working with senior executives and have unshakable nerves under pressure.
- Develop and implement a strategic communications plan to advance Fullscreen’s brand identity; broaden awareness of its programs and priorities; and increase the visibility of its programs across key stakeholder audiences
- Exercise judgment to prioritize media opportunities, and prepare talking points, speeches, presentations and other supporting material as needed
- Serve as a spokesperson and lead point person on media interactions that help promote and/or impact the organization
- Develop internal communications to ensure relevant business information and updates cascades throughout Fullscreen’s national employee population
- Work with Sr. Executives in coordinating the messaging and engagement with critical associations and organizations
- Create public relations strategy that will allow Fullscreen to cultivate and enhance meaningful relationships with targeted, high-level external audiences, including the media and key influencers
- Utilize and introduce state of the art PR strategies and tactics that leverage the power of digital/social marketing
- Identify challenges and emerging issues faced by the organization. Work with leadership team and staff to recognize internal and external communications opportunities and solutions, and define and execute appropriate strategies to support them
- Lead and inspire an incredible team of communications, and publicity professionals
- 15+ years of public relations experience at an agency, network or studio - previous experience in digital media and/or online video is required
- Proven execution of traditional and nontraditional public relations strategies for online video content and creative talent
- Experience working in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Ability to effectively and enthusiastically collaborate with multiple teams
- Solid understanding of the social video business and the creator community, including key players, terminology and overall knowledge of the entertainment and media landscape
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including creative approaches to internal and external marketing and communications platforms
- Highly organized and detail-oriented with excellent project management skills
- Organizational leadership with a collaborative management style that excels in building ideas and consensus
- Must be on the cutting edge of trends
- A "can-do" attitude, positivity and high energy
PERKS + BENEFITS
- Use What You Need paid time off
- Flexible dress code
- Kitchen stocked with snacks
- Pet Insurance
- Catered meal on Fridays
- Health, dental and vision benefits
- 401(k) with a company match
- Both paid maternity time and paid paternity time
Fullscreen Media is a global leader in social-first entertainment experiences serving creators, brands and consumers. Fullscreen Media is comprised of three key businesses: Fullscreen Creator Network is the biggest network empowering creators through a variety of services, from audience development and programming support to management, content production and merchandising. Fullscreen Entertainment reaches consumers through creator-driven experiences from Fullscreen Live, original content from Fullscreen Productions and the pioneering Rooster Teeth studio, and subscription video on demand services “Fullscreen” and Rooster Teeth’s “FIRST.” Fullscreen Brandworks partners with major brands to tap into the power of social media with original entertainment, influencer marketing, multi-platform social content and targeted media through the Fullscreen Media Network.
For a behind-the-scenes glance at what it's like to work at Fullscreen Media, click HERE.
Fullscreen, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, protected veteran status, or disability.