Sr. Copywriter (Contract)
New York, NY
Brandworks – Marketing & Communications
Tweet more than you talk? #NationalTacoDay marked on your calendar? Routinely receive high engagement for clever Instagram captions? We're a leading social media content agency on the hunt for an social-minded, strategic freelance Sr. Copywriter to join our ranks to take the creative lead on all things editorial, copy and messaging for both entertainment studio and big brand clients in a fast-paced, agency environment.
- Produce outstanding work for clients across social, digital, editorial, and new emerging platforms
- Develop brand messaging, narrative, and voice + tone for each campaign
- Pitch, explain and collaborate with clients on messaging and copy
- Develop and implement cross-functional brand messaging and copywriting standards
- Be client-facing and be able to effectively communicate copy strategies as needed
- Write language for presentations, social posts, social video, and the occasional article or long form opportunity
- Serve as the chief editor on all copy to ensure that it adheres to the highest standards of quality and creative
- Collaborate with Creative Director and Producers to ensure cohesive creative strategy across copy and art
- Keep up to date on innovations on social platforms that impact changes in copy strategy, and communicate those changes frequently to Producers, Account Managers, and CD
- Proactively develops creative copy solutions to our client's business problems
- Provides insights and perspective to copy optimizations, based on direct/obvious observations
- Show flexibility, ability to quickly change direction, and build and develop a team of FTE and contract copywriters
- Ability to confidently present to and lead conversations with our clients, and internal Directors.
- Research trends and competitive creative, continually bringing fresh ideas to the table.
- Combine an extraordinary attention to detail with a natural curiosity and need to innovate on Fullscreen creative daily.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in English, Creative Writing, or Journalism preferred
- 3+ years experience in marketing, advertising or social media with experience in Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, Pinterest and other major platforms
- 2+ years agency experience preferred
- Expert knowledge of AP style guide
- Strong presentation and verbal communication skills
- Ability to thrive in and contribute to a creatively collaborative environment
- Solid grammar, editing and proofreading capabilities
- Willingness to push your craft to keep up with industry movement
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines in a fast-paced environment
ABOUT FULLSCREEN SOCIAL
We are a team of copywriters and designers creating the daily social media content that great brands share. We love social media, and we are seeking candidates who also demonstrate a passion for it. We're most attracted to candidates who want to be the best and are willing to work hard, learn fast, put clients first, and execute quickly. Clients include Coca-Cola, AT&T, 20th Century Fox, Sony Pictures, Mary Kay, Lionsgate, NBC, Disney Interactive, Mattel, and more.
Fullscreen is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, protected veteran status, or disability.