Business Development (Gaming) Contractor
Playa Vista, CA /
Creator – Talent & Network /
This is a 3-month contract position.
We are looking for a gaming expert who possesses strong relationships and will find win-win opportunities with the industry’s leading figures and personalities. This person will be a hard-working, critical thinker, who is motivated by a competitive hunger and passion for digital content. The main objective of this role is to identify, build relationships with, and sign partnerships with established and up-and-coming talent who would benefit from the services we offer to our talent partners. Our goal is to provide the best in class services while helping creators develop their careers and their social media audiences across YouTube, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Snapchat, and other platforms. You will be expected to quickly accelerate your vertical expertise to best source talent and communicate growth strategies that will drive revenue for them. A solid understanding of the digital video landscape, entertainment industry, and Fullscreen’s business model is required. You must have experience in gaming -- either esports, streaming or both.
To be successful in this role you must be passionate about what you do and ready for constant communication with gaming talent from all over the world. You should be excited by the idea of a fast-paced environment on the cutting edge of the entertainment industry and emerging trends with the gaming space. You should have a passion for and knowledge of YouTube, digital entertainment, and the world of gaming creators. You should also have a proven track record of meeting and exceeding expectations to support and fulfill the strategic objectives of a highly cross-functional organization. Above all else, this role requires proactivity, flexibility, resourcefulness, and a willingness for non-stop hustle.
- Identify, scout, and sign developing gaming and other creators in the Gaming & Variety vertical.
- Source and connect established gaming creators to Partner Managers to kick off a signing conversation
- Manage conversations w/ digital creators and their representation, lawyers, agents, managers.
- Build new relationships and maintain existing relationships within the gaming industry; as well as, consistently discover new talent and know the key players in the space.
- Manage the talent onboarding process from lead to partnered creator.
- Meet and exceed monthly KPIs.
- Strong focus and research skills to identify market trends in real-time.
- Solid understanding of the online video landscape, monetization trends, and optimization techniques.
- 4+ years experience in the gaming industry focused on talent relations, social media services, or other areas of the industry directly relevant to this roleExpertise and interest in YouTube and the social media space.
- Thorough understanding of top gaming talent
- Detail-oriented and process-driven with the ability to effectively manage multiple projects and go above and beyond.
- Strong ability to professionally communicate via phone, email, text message, and in person.
- You possess strong relationship-building skills and are apt to see win-win opportunities
- Demonstrated ability to think outside of the box and be solutions-oriented.
- Flexibility to handle changing market conditions and workload under tight deadlines.
- Well-organized, highly self-motivated, optimistic, and positive attitude.
- Solid interpersonal skills with the ability to work with a wide range of personality types.
- Strong analytical, research skills required.
- Have a proven track record of meeting and exceeding expectations to support and fulfill the strategic objectives of a highly cross-functional organization.
- Above all else, this role requires proactivity, flexibility, resourcefulness, and a willingness for non-stop hustle.
Fullscreen is a social content company that provides creative, strategy, and marketing services for both talent and brand clients in order to grow, engage, and monetize their social audiences. Its unique clientele includes over 400 brands and over 2,500 creators and celebrities that generate more than 7 billion monthly video views across a global network of social channels.
For talent clients, Fullscreen provides management services, multi-platform content optimization, brand partnerships, and a powerful technology platform that helps our talent seamlessly analyze their data and create meaningful relationships with their fans.
For brand clients, Fullscreen works closely with marketers who seek to engage the new generation of consumers for whom social reach and community-building are essential for driving both brand awareness and affinity. Using proprietary data and technology, we predict and track consumer behavior to develop culturally-relevant social content based on trend insights.
Fullscreen has offices in Los Angeles and New York as well as team members across the country. Please visit fullscreen.com for more information.
Fullscreen, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. This means we are committed to recruiting, training, compensating and promoting our employees regardless of race, color, religion, sex, disability, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender or any other protected classes as required by applicable law that might make us unique or different. As a media company, we are dedicated to reflecting the diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion found in our viewers, creators, and partners. Inclusion is at the heart of what we do, from the way we craft our job descriptions, to the values we espouse daily.