Senior Data Engineer
Playa Vista, CA
Shared Services – Engineering
Fullscreen Media is looking for a Senior Data Warehouse Engineer responsible for building a scalable and modern data warehouse and operational database environment. You will be responsible for data modeling, ETL development, data processing workflows, and database administration. You will use and develop data management tools & processes for multiple business areas.
The ideal candidate would have a passion for and knowledge of data engineering, big data, distributed/cloud computing and have a proven track record supporting and fulfilling the strategic objectives of a highly cross-functional organization.
- Responsible for designing, implementing and maintaining Data Warehouse solutions which will handle the growing business needs
- Interface with other teams to extract, transform, and load (ETL) data from a wide variety of in-house and 3rd party data sources
- Design, implement, and support infrastructure providing secured access to large datasets in AWS
- Utilize blended data from multiple data sources to provide comprehensive dimensional data
- Perform ad-hoc analyses and respond to data/analytical requests
- Glean insights from a large data warehouse using SQL, Spark, Hive, etc.
- 5+ years of Data Warehouse / Business Intelligence experience
- Deep proficiency with SQL & Python
- Knowledge of working with an enterprise data warehouse and large sets of data
- Extensive experience with relational databases both, normalized and denormalized star schemas.
- Strong knowledge of data warehousing concepts
- Experience with ETL and data pipeline development and data cleansing with large-scale, complex data sets
- Proven ability for looking at solutions unconventionally and explore opportunities and devise innovative solutions
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills and an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams
- Experience gathering complex business requirements and identifying data needs
- Data Lake Experience
- Experience with one or more of: Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Scala, Ruby
- Amazon Redshift and Amazon Web Services: Glue, Lambda, S3, Redshift, Kinesis, and Athena
- Django web development
- Experience developing jobs in Luigi or Airflow
- Docker experience
- Open Source Contribution
PERKS + BENEFITS
- Unlimited PTO
- Flexible dress code
- Kitchen stocked with snacks
- Pet Insurance
- Catered meal on Fridays
- Health, dental and vision benefits
- 401(k) with a company match
- Both paid maternity time and paid paternity time
Fullscreen Media is a global leader in social-first entertainment experiences serving creators, brands and consumers. Fullscreen Media is comprised of three key businesses: Fullscreen Creator Network is the biggest network empowering creators through a variety of services, from audience development and programming support to management, content production and merchandising. Fullscreen Entertainment reaches consumers through creator-driven experiences from Fullscreen Live, original content from Fullscreen Productions and the pioneering Rooster Teeth studio, and subscription video on demand services “Fullscreen” and Rooster Teeth’s “FIRST.” Fullscreen Brandworks partners with major brands to tap into the power of social media with original entertainment, influencer marketing, multi-platform social content and targeted media through the Fullscreen Media Network.
Fullscreen, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. You will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, protected veteran status, or disability.