Senior Data Engineer
Playa Vista, CA
Shared Services – Engineering
Fullscreen empowers talent and brands to build and monetize highly engaged, social-first audiences through best-in-class strategy, creative services and technology. Our company is a global leader in social-first entertainment experiences and services for the world’s top talent, digital influencers, brands and avid fans.
For our talent and digital influencer partners, we provide a range of services and tools that include talent management, multi-platform content optimization, brand partnerships, live touring, consumer products, and a powerful consumer-facing technology platform that provides affinity brands, talent and influencers with websites, online stores, fan clubs and social optimization tools to help them seamlessly analyze data and create meaningful relationships with fans.
For our brand partners, we work with marketers who are looking to engage valuable, elusive youth audiences on social platforms through original entertainment, influencer marketing, multi-platform social content, organic and paid distribution, live events, and targeted media. We have offices in Los Angeles, New York, Chicago, Austin, and Nashville
We are looking for a Data Engineer responsible for building a scalable and modern data warehouse and operational database environment, data modeling, and ETL data management tools & processes. The ideal candidate would have a passion for and knowledge of social video platforms, digital entertainment and have a proven track record supporting and fulfilling the strategic objectives of a highly cross-functional organization.
Fullscreen Media is looking for a Senior Data Warehouse Engineer responsible for building a scalable and modern data warehouse and operational database environment. You will be responsible for data modeling, ETL development, data processing workflows, and database administration. You will use and develop data management tools & processes for multiple business areas.
The ideal candidate would have a passion for and knowledge of data engineering, big data, distributed/cloud computing and have a proven track record supporting and fulfilling the strategic objectives of a highly cross-functional organization.
- Responsible for designing, implementing and maintaining Data Warehouse solutions which will handle the growing business needs
- Interface with other teams to extract, transform, and load (ETL) data from a wide variety of in-house and 3rd party data sources
- Design, implement, and support infrastructure providing secured access to large datasets in AWS
- Utilize blended data from multiple data sources to provide comprehensive dimensional data
- Perform ad-hoc analyses and respond to data/analytical requests
- Glean insights from a large data warehouse using SQL, Spark, Hive, etc.
- 5+ years of Data Warehouse / Business Intelligence experience
- Deep proficiency with SQL & Python
- 2+ years experience with Spark (PySpark)
- Knowledge of working with an enterprise data warehouse and large sets of data
- Extensive experience with relational databases both, normalized and denormalized star schemas.
- Strong knowledge of data warehousing concepts
- Experience with ETL and data pipeline development and data cleansing with large-scale, complex data sets
- Proven ability for looking at solutions unconventionally and explore opportunities and devise innovative solutions
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills and an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams
- Experience gathering complex business requirements and identifying data needs
- Data Lake Experience
- Experience with one or more of: Hadoop, Hive, Scala, Ruby
- Amazon Redshift and Amazon Web Services: Glue, Lambda, S3, Redshift, Kinesis, and Athena
- Django web development
- Experience developing jobs in Luigi or Airflow
- Docker experience
- Open Source Contribution
PERKS + BENEFITS
- Unlimited PTO
- Flexible dress code
- Kitchen stocked with snacks
- Pet Insurance
- Catered meal on Fridays
- Health, dental and vision benefits
- 401(k) with a company match
- Both paid maternity time and paid paternity time
Fullscreen, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. This means we are committed to recruiting, training, compensating and promoting our employees regardless of race, color, religion, sex, disability, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender or any other protected classes as required by applicable law that might make us unique or different. As a media company, we are dedicated to reflecting the diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion found in our viewers, creators and partners. Inclusion is at the heart of what we do, from the way we craft our job descriptions, to the values we espouse daily.