Senior Data Engineer
Playa Vista, CA
Shared Services – Engineering
We are looking for a Data Engineer responsible for building a scalable and modern data warehouse and operational database environment, data modeling, and ETL data management tools & processes. The ideal candidate would have a passion for and knowledge of social video platforms, digital entertainment and have a proven track record supporting and fulfilling the strategic objectives of a highly cross-functional organization.
Fullscreen Media is looking for a Senior Data Warehouse Engineer responsible for building a scalable and modern data warehouse and operational database environment. You will be responsible for data modeling, ETL development, data processing workflows, and database administration. You will use and develop data management tools & processes for multiple business areas.
The ideal candidate would have a passion for and knowledge of data engineering, big data, distributed/cloud computing and have a proven track record supporting and fulfilling the strategic objectives of a highly cross-functional organization.
- Responsible for designing, implementing and maintaining Data Warehouse solutions which will handle the growing business needs
- Interface with other teams to extract, transform, and load (ETL) data from a wide variety of in-house and 3rd party data sources
- Design, implement, and support infrastructure providing secured access to large datasets in AWS
- Utilize blended data from multiple data sources to provide comprehensive dimensional data
- Perform ad-hoc analyses and respond to data/analytical requests
- Glean insights from a large data warehouse using SQL, Spark, Hive, etc.
- 5+ years of Data Warehouse / Business Intelligence experience
- Deep proficiency with SQL & Python
- 2+ years experience with Spark (PySpark)
- Knowledge of working with an enterprise data warehouse and large sets of data
- Extensive experience with relational databases both, normalized and denormalized star schemas.
- Strong knowledge of data warehousing concepts
- Experience with ETL and data pipeline development and data cleansing with large-scale, complex data sets
- Proven ability for looking at solutions unconventionally and explore opportunities and devise innovative solutions
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills and an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams
- Experience gathering complex business requirements and identifying data needs
- Data Lake Experience
- Experience with one or more of: Hadoop, Hive, Scala, Ruby
- Amazon Redshift and Amazon Web Services: Glue, Lambda, S3, Redshift, Kinesis, and Athena
- Django web development
- Experience developing jobs in Luigi or Airflow
- Docker experience
- Open Source Contribution
PERKS + BENEFITS
- Unlimited PTO
- Flexible dress code
- Kitchen stocked with snacks
- Pet Insurance
- Catered meal on Fridays
- Health, dental and vision benefits
- 401(k) with a company match
- Both paid maternity time and paid paternity time
Fullscreen is a social content company that provides creative, strategy, and marketing services for both talent and brand clients in order to grow, engage, and monetize their social audiences. Its unique clientele includes over 400 brands and over 2,500 creators and celebrities that generate more than 7 billion monthly video views across a global network of social channels.
For talent clients, Fullscreen provides management services, multi-platform content optimization, brand partnerships, and a powerful technology platform that helps our talent seamlessly analyze their data and create meaningful relationships with their fans.
For brand clients, Fullscreen works closely with marketers who seek to engage the new generation of consumers for whom social reach and community-building are essential for driving both brand awareness and affinity. Using proprietary data and technology, we predict and track consumer behavior to develop culturally-relevant social content based on trend insights.
Fullscreen has offices in Los Angeles and New York as well as team members across the country. Please visit fullscreen.com for more information.
Fullscreen, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. This means we are committed to recruiting, training, compensating and promoting our employees regardless of race, color, religion, sex, disability, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender or any other protected classes as required by applicable law that might make us unique or different. As a media company, we are dedicated to reflecting the diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion found in our viewers, creators, and partners. Inclusion is at the heart of what we do, from the way we craft our job descriptions, to the values we espouse daily.