Sr. Director, Talent - [Male/Female] Lifestyle
Playa Vista, CA
Creator – Talent & Network
The Fullscreen Creator Network features thousands of channels of all sizes, genres, and levels of need. As part of the Creator Team, our mission is to empower talent to find their voice, produce engaging content and connect with their fans. Using the creator platform, manager support, ancillary services, and more, Fullscreen provides talent with the opportunity to turn their passions into a business.
The Sr. Director, Talent - Lifestyle is responsible for leading the strategic direction for a dynamic and growing vertical within the Creator division. The lifestyle vertical will be dependent on experience and audience (i.e. gaming, beauty etc.) You will have an established record of both successfully leading large, cross-functional teams to deliver results against ambitious goals and building the careers of traditional or digital-native talent. You will have a real passion for digital entertainment, YouTube and the world of social media creators.
You will have an evident background in media, particularly social video. Experience working directly with -- and ideally representing -- talent is required. You should understand talent’s unique qualities, communication styles, and priorities. You should have a successful track-record of pitching talent for brand and other partnership opportunities. You will spend your days directing and motivating your team to ensure we are providing extraordinary service to our talent partners.
You should be a self-starter who creates efficiencies, solves problems, and can work with a wide range of personality types. You should able to instill confidence & rigor into a team. You are described by your teams as the ultimate ‘player/coach’ -- you know instinctively how to balance both roles. You can demonstrate high levels of creativity and critical thinking. You will drive operational excellence.
The Fullscreen Creator Network continues to evolve very quickly -- change is our business. There are not many historical reference points for the model we've built - which is very exciting, but also requires constant innovation.
- Build and execute bold growth plans for a Lifestyle vertical
- Lead the team that helps our talent partners re-imagine how best to grow and engage their community and drive their business objectives
- Develop a data-driven framework for how Fullscreen identifies, prioritizes, evaluates and pursues potential talent partners
- Establish operational processes for identification, prioritization and ongoing evaluation of existing talent partnerships and other related initiatives
- Build frameworks to support new talent partners through the on-boarding process and liaise with Fullscreen product and technical support if/as needed
- Proactively resolve business issues with talent partners
- Be an internal advocate for our talent partners
- Be a shown leader in the world of entertainment and technology with strong people management experience
- BA/BS degree in Marketing, Communications, Media Studies, Business or equivalent practical experience
- Minimum 7 years experience leading, building and retaining high performing teams
- Minimum 10 years experience in media - either traditional entertainment or social media
- Ability to identify and facilitate the growth of potential talent
- Experience working independently and cross-functionally to drive multiple, high-priority projects
- Excellent verbal, written, and social skills
- Strong analytical, research skills
- Consistent track record of initiating and driving business opportunities
- Knowledge of current YouTube/Social Media culture & major online personalities
Perks & Benefits
- Use What You Need paid time off
- Flexible dress code
- Kitchen stocked with snacks
- Pet Insurance
- Catered meal on Fridays
- Health, dental and vision benefits
- 401(k) with a company match
- Both paid maternity time and paid paternity time
- Dog-friendly Fridays
Fullscreen empowers talent and brands to build and monetize highly engaged, social-first audiences through best-in-class strategy, creative services and technology. Our company is a global leader in social-first entertainment experiences and services for the world’s top talent, digital influencers, brands and avid fans.
For our talent and digital influencer partners, we provide a range of services and tools that include talent management, multi-platform content optimization, brand partnerships, live touring, consumer products, and a powerful consumer-facing technology platform that provides affinity brands, talent and influencers with websites, online stores, fan clubs and social optimization tools to help them seamlessly analyze data and create meaningful relationships with fans.
For our brand partners, we work with marketers who are looking to engage valuable, elusive youth audiences on social platforms through original entertainment, influencer marketing, multi-platform social content, organic and paid distribution, live events, and targeted media. We have offices in Los Angeles, New York, Chicago, Austin, Nashville and Atlanta.
Come and join us!
Fullscreen, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. This means we are committed to recruiting, training, compensating and promoting our employees regardless of race, color, religion, sex, disability, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender or any other protected classes as required by applicable law that might make us unique or different. As a media company, we are dedicated to reflecting the diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion found in our viewers, creators and partners. Inclusion is at the heart of what we do, from the way we craft our job descriptions, to the values we espouse daily.