Unscripted Digital Television Series Development and Production Internship (LA) - Fall 2017
Playa Vista, CA
Shared Services – University Relations
Do you love watching television shows and dream of working with writers, directors, and actors to make shows a reality? Do you love watching influencers and follow, tweet, and like their pages on an hourly basis?
We are looking for a paid intern on the Unscripted Development team who will be responsible for assisting our department in developing digital shows and seeing the process from pitch to production. The ideal candidate would have a passion for watching shows and knowledge of writers, directors, and actors. Additionally, knowledge of YouTube, digital entertainment, and the world of social media influencers is strongly preferred. The candidate would also have a proven track record of strong communication skills to support and fulfill the strategic objectives of a highly cross-functional organization. The internship is 20 hours per week for 10 weeks.
- Brainstorming & pitching show ideas and talent that we should work with
- Assisting the team with the development of original shows
- Watching submission sizzle reels and reading pitch decks
- Engaging in trend and target audience research
- Creating weekly reports on viral internet trends
- Tracking production and creative status of shows to help keep the team organized
- Must be in the Los Angeles area for the duration of the internship
- Have 3.0 GPA or higher, be currently enrolled Undergraduate Junior or Senior student
- PLEASE NOTE: Unfortunately, we are not able to accept recent graduates into the internship program at this time
- Only currently enrolled students will be considered
- Proficient in Excel
- 1. CREATIVITY! Ability to pitch original show ideas
- Deep knowledge of digital talent: YouTubers, former Viners, Instagram stars, etc
- Pop-culture junkie that knows every trend & viral internet moment going on right now
- Development internship experience at a network or production company
- Tech-saavy, Google Docs & Microsoft Office whiz
- Willingness to go above and beyond to provide great work
- Be extremely passionate about online video, especially YouTube
- Be a self-starter with a strong desire to win and to grow personally and professionally
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Perks + Benefits
- Internship is paid
- Flexible dress code
- Kitchen stocked with snacks
- Catered meal on Fridays
- Pet friendly Fridays
Fullscreen Media is a global leader in social-first entertainment experiences serving creators, brands and consumers. Fullscreen Media is comprised of three key businesses: Fullscreen Creator Network is the biggest network empowering creators through a variety of services, from audience development and programming support to management, content production and merchandising. Fullscreen Entertainment reaches consumers through creator-driven experiences from Fullscreen Live, original content from Fullscreen Productions and the pioneering Rooster Teeth studio, and subscription video on demand services “Fullscreen” and Rooster Teeth’s “FIRST.” Fullscreen Brandworks partners with major brands to tap into the power of social media with original entertainment, influencer marketing, multi-platform social content and targeted media through the Fullscreen Media Network.
For a behind-the-scenes glance at what it's like to work at Fullscreen Media, click HERE.
Fullscreen, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, protected veteran status, or disability.