Development Assistant - (Rooster Teeth)
Playa Vista, CA
Entertainment – Content & Production
Rooster Teeth, creators of the award winning video productions Red vs. Blue, RWBY:
Achievement Hunter, Let’s Play, and Lazer Team, are looking for a Development
Assistant to support the Head of Development for feature, scripted & unscripted
series and all other productions.
The Development Assistant will be responsible for assisting the Head of Development
with day-to-day duties while supporting the overall company development process.
Role will include but is not limited to supporting the development cycle of identifying
projects, self-generating fresh ideas, coordinating the acquisition of scripts,
maintaining a stable of writers, and working in conjunction with the Development
team to ensure all programming needs and goals of the company are consistently
fulfilled. Immense potential for growth within the company.
- Daily script coverage for both internal and external submissions
- Formalize and maintain script submission log across all platforms
- Work alongside the Development team during the process of developing features, pilots, series and other productions
- Standard administration duties related to supporting the Head of Development including, but not limited to- Management of calendars/schedules, travel arrangements, assisting with correspondence, ensuring deadlines are met, etc.
- Aide the Head of Development in working with in-house and outside writers, identifying new writers and proposing writers for each project
- Aide in the script acquisition process including tracking, rights assignments, custody and library.
- Actively build relevant relationships with production companies, agents, managers, talent, writers, producers, etc.
- Proactively add support by monitoring trends which contribute to the overall strategy for programming to meet the changing viewership and company demands - including the identification of new freemium, premium and any other sponsored or partnered concepts
- At least 1-2 years of agency, production company, or other relevant experience required
- Must have strong verbal, written and presentation communication skills; understanding of film/TV narrative process required
- Strong self-starter and strategic thinker; attention to detail and the the ability to multi-task is a must
- Deep knowledge of comedy, gaming, genre, animation programming
- Proficiency with some or all of the following is preferred: Apple applications, iOS, Microsoft Office suite, Final Draft, Slack, Adobe Premiere, Final Cut Pro
- Must have a current awareness of new talent and popular culture
- Extensive knowledge and hands-on experience with digital video platforms including, but not limited to YouTube, Facebook, Snapchat & Twitter
- In-depth knowledge of long and short form scripted and unscripted programming
- Must have an eye for high-quality content and be comfortable defending opinions in a collaborative environment
- Ability to work with creative talent
- Excellent leadership skills
- Knowledge of broadcast, live-action and emerging VR processes and technologies a plus
- Understanding of large scale project management a plus
- Bachelor’s degree preferred