Playa Vista, CA
Brandworks – Sales & Sales Operations
Do you believe that we make better things when we attack problems, not find the perfect five words to fit a brief? Do you strive to create culture above all else? Do you have a knack for seeing the big idea before it's big? Well, we believe that big ideas can come from anywhere… but we’re hoping they come from you.
The Strategic Content Group (SCG) at Fullscreen is looking for a transformational writing-focused creative strategist who can brief and lead our Creative Directors on every pitch, campaign, initiative, and program. Essentially, we need you to be a thinker. You’ll do a ton of research, mix it with insights, stir in some trend forecasting, sprinkle with cultural anthropology, and get comfortable explaining what you’ve learned to our creative team through a crystal clear creative brief. You’ll come up with brand positioning statements. You’ll use your research and insights to develop a brand’s identity, and you’ll work with designers, developers, and other creatives to prove out how that identity looks, feels, sounds, and smells. You’ll mix creative thinking with your knowledge of social platforms and digital influencers to create pitches for clients—and you’ll do this again and again and still be hungry for more of it. You’ll develop a voice for clients and blow it out into copy, media, headlines, ads, campaigns, scripts, etc. You’re a strategist that is proficient in the art of translating consumer insights into brand ideas that will change consumer behavior.
Our ideal candidate has a passion for and knowledge of YouTube, digital entertainment and the world of social media influencers and will contribute to global culture by putting big ubiquitous brands into the zeitgeist and lexicon of the future. This is someone with their finger on the pulse of what’s cool, trending, and the next big thing. You’ll have an opportunity to create award-winning work in a revolutionary new space.
- Work hand-in-hand with Creative Strategy team to inspire Chief Creative Officer and Creative Director to create the best work for clients and pitches
- Build and execute a youth culture-inspired brand campaigns that include original content, non-traditional advertising, social media activation, influencer marketing, and customer acquisition/retention campaigns
- Help define a new channel of communication for a client whose brand promise is connecting human beings around the globe.
- Devise concepts and strategies that solve problems creatively, fearlessly, and definitively
- Develop brand voice for our clients
- Write persuasive, original copy for different audiences across various media
- Work with clients, designers, developers, and creative director to establish creative and business objectives, strategies, tactics, and executions
- Critique copywriting and approve final executions
- Conduct research in workshops, focus groups, interviews, and internet scouring
- Participate in and lead presentations with client executives
- Learn and experiment with new and surprising ways in which to solve clients’ problems
- Copy, edit, and proofread
- Flex your brain muscles for a diversity of clients and industries
- 4+ years in creative advertising as a brand strategist and/or brand planner with experience creating sharp ideas and campaigns
- Background in creating narrative, multi-platform content experiences
- Deep understanding of the 13-24 age segment and how to engage them authentically
- Preternatural writing and editing chops
- Record of leading projects, campaigns, and brand experiences with measurable results
- Ability to manage multiple creative projects and deadlines simultaneously
- Ability to write in a range of voices and capture different brands’ personalities
- Positive attitude regarding creative direction and feedback
- Perspicacity: you’re good at identifying holes and filling them
- Willingness to defend your ideas
- Field smarts: you can name your favorite brands, sites, campaigns and writers. You’re up on your trends in design, digital content and technology.
Perks + Benefits
- Flexible dress code
- Kitchen stocked with snacks
- Pet Insurance
- Catered meal on Fridays
- Health, dental and vision benefits
- 401(k) with a company match
- Generous paid time off each year
- Both paid maternity time and paid paternity time
Fullscreen is a global youth media company that develops online creators and programs multi-platform entertainment experiences. 500 million subscribers generate more than 6 billion video views across Fullscreen’s global network each month. Headquartered in Los Angeles, the company was founded in January 2011 by CEO George Strompolos, a co-creator of the original YouTube Partner Program. Fullscreen’s network includes more than 60,000 creators, featuring the Fine Bros., Andrea Russett, Lohanthony, Devin Supertramp and Jack and Jack. Visit Fullscreen.com for more information.
Fullscreen, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, protected veteran status, or disability.