Development Executive (Rooster Teeth)
Playa Vista, CA
Entertainment – Content & Production
Austin based entertainment and media company Rooster Teeth is looking for a Development Director. If you have a strong background in scripted programming, understand the current entertainment landscape, and like to work in fast-paced environments, get in touch. This position reports directly to the Head of Development and is based in our Los Angeles office.
The Development Director needs to have a great understanding, appreciation, and knowledge of scripted programming, preferably with a specialty in feature & premium series development. Our ideal candidate must possess a strong knowledge of scripted programming, talent, filmmakers and overall understanding of the current landscape. S/he should be a true team player who can integrate and interface well with the existing department, both creatively and personally. This
candidate should have a strong reputation in the creative community, as well as a proven track record of developing scripted content.
- ● Work alongside the Head of Development to manage the day-to-day, thorough development of each project
- ● Lead the campaign to identify, hire and manage all writers for each project
- ● Develop a transparent tracking system to ensure efficient feedback for internal projects with a goal of providing timely communication between execs and projects pitched by staff
- ● Partner with Development Assistant to help build coverage and arrange a consistent schedule for feedback/notes for each project during each phase of the scripting process
- ● Help maintain clear and consistent oversight around all projects in development
- ● Participate in presentations for prospective projects, listen to pitches and attend creative meetings
- ● Hear pitches, participate in notes calls, attend creative and general meetings
- ● Liaise with marketing and physical production departments. Review marketing materials to ensure adherence to creative direction of projects.
- ● 3-5 years experience in scripted TV and/or film development
- ● Strong, productive relationships with the creative community; including studios, agents, filmmakersand production companies
- ● Experience packaging film/TV projects, generating talent lists, tracking specs and IP
- ● Deep understanding of comedy, gaming, genre, & animation programming with extensive knowledge of and experience with digital video platforms including, but not limited to:
- YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat
- ● Must have an eye for high-quality content and be comfortable defending opinions in a collaborative environment
- ● Knowledge of deal structure, rights, options, and talent negotiation a plus.
- ● Proactive & positive self-starter with the ability to work autonomously and collaborate with a team
- ● Excellent verbal and written communication skills, detail oriented
- ● Ability to give discerning and constructive notes on scripts
- ● Skill in budget preparation and fiscal management
- ● Experience with some or all of the following is preferred: Microsoft Office suite, Adobe Premiere