Director, Talent - Operations
Playa Vista, CA
Creator – Talent & Network
We are looking for a bright, motivated, leader with a competitive drive and passion for digital media to join our talent department. The main objective of this role is to help support execution, oversight and mentorship within the team. This role is a unique blend of strategic thinking, operational excellence, insights driven analysis, and department leadership.
Above all else this role requires proactivity, flexibility, resourcefulness, and a willingness for non-stop hustle. A proven track record of meeting and exceeding expectations and a solid understanding of the YouTube landscape, entertainment industry, and Fullscreen’s business model is required.
To be successful in this role you must be passionate about what you do, comfortable with long hours, and be excited by the idea of a fast-paced environment on the cutting edge of the entertainment industry.
Most importantly we’re looking for eager, optimistic individuals who are willing to put themselves out there and don’t take no for an answer.
- Develop process and structure for talent signers and managers as it relates to day-to-day responsibilities and team execution
- Improve the existing talent acquisition and lead generation processes across lines of business -- multiplatform MCN, consumer products, touring, direct-to-can, etc.
- Develop templatized performance reporting for direct reports and senior leadership
- Act as a liaison between the talent team and internal divisions including direct to fan, sales, content, pr and marketing
- Identify operational efficiencies to better leverage existing tools and workflows
- Heavy data analysis resulting in strategic business decisions and improvements
- Project management responsibilities requiring near constant multi-tasking
- Consistently discover new talent and know the key players in the influencer space
- Help develop vertical specific talent servicing and revenue driving opportunities
- Attend industry events and talent meetings outside of normal work hours
- 8-10 years experience in the entertainment or media industries with expertise in the digital video space.
- 3+ years managing a team of direct reports
- Prior experience working with talent, mentoring junior staff, and leading a team is preferred
- Traditional or digital media and entertainment industry experience is ideal
- Demonstrated ability to think outside of the box and be solutions oriented
- Ability to professionally communicate via phone, email, text message, and in person
- Flexibility to handle changing market conditions and workload under tight deadlines
- Well-organized, highly self-motivated, optimistic and positive attitude
- Solid interpersonal skills with the ability to work with a wide range of personality types
- Strong analytical, research skills required
- Enjoys working in a high intensity environment
PERKS + BENEFITS
- Use What You Need paid time off
- Flexible dress code
- Kitchen stocked with snacks
- Pet Insurance
- Catered meal on Fridays
- Health, dental and vision benefits
- 401(k) with a company match
- Both paid maternity time and paid paternity time
Fullscreen Media is a global leader in social-first entertainment experiences serving creators, brands and consumers. Fullscreen Media is comprised of three key businesses. Fullscreen Creator Network is the biggest network empowering creators through a variety of services, from audience development and programming support to management, content production and merchandising. Fullscreen Entertainment reaches consumers through creator-driven experiences from Fullscreen Live, original content from Fullscreen Productions and the pioneering Rooster Teeth studio, and subscription video on demand services “Fullscreen” and “Rooster Teeth.” Fullscreen Brandworks partners with major brands to tap into the power of social media with original entertainment, influencer marketing, multi-platform social content and targeted media through the Fullscreen Media Network.
For a behind-the-scenes glance at what it's like to work at Fullscreen Media, click HERE.
Fullscreen Media was founded in 2011 by CEO George Strompolos and is majority owned by Otter Media, a joint venture between AT&T and The Chernin Group. For more information, visit FullscreenMedia.co.