Technical Engineering Manager (Canada Remote)
Vancouver, BC /
Engineering – Engineering /
Fullscript helps people get better. It's at the core of everything we do. As the leading platform for prescribing integrative health products, our work positively impacts millions of lives everyday. Our purpose extends well beyond our platform. As a health company, we are committed to the wellbeing of our team members. We are building an organization where people thrive, grow, and have a high impact through their work. 🌱
By joining us, you stand with our purpose. You are an independent thinker, who likes to leave things better than you found them. You do things not because they are easy but because they are right. Ready to make an impact?
We’re seeking a Technical Engineering Manager to help us scale our healthcare platform. We’re looking for an intentional, purpose-driven leader that can provide solutions to complex problems and help define the road-map for the future and scalability of our platform.
As the Technical Engineering Manager at Fullscript you will be responsible for technical decision making and architecture for a group of Product & Platform teams. You will work with the other Technical Leaders, and engineers to solve the problems of a quickly evolving platform that has ever-growing demand day in and day out.
This position can be based remotely in BC, AB, ON, or NS.
What you'll do
- Own and drive the overall technical vision, planning and design architecture for 4-5 of our engineering pods
- Support and grow a team of technical leads
- Lead the team by establishing code guidelines and best practises
- Plan, manage, and track project status
- Support executives with growth initiatives while maintaining the technical health of the application
- Collaboratively build the technical roadmap with other technical leaders to ensure that Fullscript can continue to scale
What you bring to the table
- Experience leading an engineering team (front and back end engineers) responsible for the health of a customer facing application
- Experience leading technical leaders
- Demonstrated success horizontally scaling an application
- Experience with a modern technology stack
- Understand importance of designing for redundancy in critical services
Bonus if you have
- You have experience developing an application deployed in a cloud environment
- You’ve worked in a continuous integration environment
- You’ve worked in e-commerce or the health-tech sector
What we can offer you
- Generous PTO and competitive pay
- Fullscript’s RRSP program for financial health
- Flexible benefits package and workplace wellness program (of course)
- Training budget and company-wide learning initiatives
- Discount on Fullscript catalogue of products
- Ability to work Wherever You Work Well*
*Our Wherever You Work Well philosophy means Fullscript teammates get to pick their own office — whether that’s in-office, at home, or a bit of both.
Fullscript is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are excited to work with talented people, period. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national or ethnic origin, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital or civil status, political affiliation, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the jurisdictions in which we operate.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Please send an email to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Our team handles both personal information and personal health information, which means candidates that receive and accept employment offers must undergo a background check.