Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP)/Leave of Absence (Leaves Specialist)
Los Angeles, CA /
Escalon – PeopleOps /
Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP)/Senior HR Generalist – Leave of Absence (LOA)
Escalon (Full Stack Finance and Early Growth are Escalon companies) offers a complete, end-to-end range of FinOps and PeopleOps services related services to early stage and high growth companies. We embed a team of experienced finance & accounting and HR professionals directly into the operations of the company. Because of this, we are a vertically-integrated and very versatile business partner for companies experiencing high growth. We can only provide amazing partnerships by hiring talented professionals who are ready to ride the wave and help companies focus on the growth of their businesses.
The ideal candidate will support the full scope of Human Resources responsibilities and partner with the organization on strategic initiatives. They will maintain and enhance the organization's human resources by planning, implementing, and evaluating human resources policies, programs, and practices.
You will grow, you will learn, you will see many different companies and industries, and you’ll work with a knowledgeable team! We are looking for enthusiastic team players with a strong HR/people operations background who are excited to share and apply their knowledge with a premier roster of growing clients who lean on our team to provide them PeopleOps guidance and support.
With guidance and mentorship from an HRBP Manager, assist companies with all its HR needs while clients focus on growing their business. Responsibilities can range from full-cycle HR to project based. In addition to providing HR support to clients, this role will focus on supporting the Senior Manager who oversees the Leave of Absence function for the HRBP team. This includes supporting HRBPs by customizing LOA packages based on client policies, applicable state and federal laws..etc, and supporting employees and clients through the entire leave process.
· HRBP Strategy: Accountable for developing and implementing HR strategies and initiatives aligned with the client’s overall business strategy; develop, and monitor overall HR strategies, systems, tactics, and procedures that enhances the client’s company growth.
· HR Administration & Compliance: Ensure clients have a strong HR infrastructure and ensure compliance. Provide recommendations and assist in creation of company policies to ensure consistency, compliance and efficiency (creating and writing employee handbooks, travel & entertainment policies…etc.), FSLA classifications and audit, support required employee training.
· Mergers & Acquisitions: Ensure clients are due diligence ready by providing best practices when services are started.
· HRIS Systems: Lead and/or partner with our People Support team to implement and administer all major PeopleOps related software systems including but not limited to HRIS, payroll, 401(k), benefits administration and performance evaluation.
· Benefits: Research, recommend, implement and perform benefits administration and management, including enrollments, terminations, claims resolution and invoice auditing. Assist in putting together a strategic benefits package (plan evaluations and selection, open enrollment planning, 401(k), LOA, COBRA, etc.). In addition, Escalon has its own benefits brokerage and the Benefits team can work in partnership with the HRBP on this effort.
· Onboarding/Offboarding: Recommend new hire orientation and termination processes and partner with the PeopleOps HR Support team to ensure completion.
· Payroll: Partner with Payroll team and oversee the implementation and/or process payroll processing for multiple clients in a timely manner and assist employees with questions.
· Leave of Absence: Partner with clients to draft parental leave policies and customize and deliver each employee LOA packet, support employee questions, and ensure leave is compliant based on local, state, and federal laws.
· Employee Relations: Recommend, implement, and support clients with feedback process, and support employee relations questions, demands, grievances, or other issues.
· Performance Management: Assess needs and provide recommendation to design, customize, and implement performance management selection and processes, ensuring all employees receive timely and actionable feedback for applicable clients.
· Culture & Employee Relations: Assess, recommend, and develop programs designed to enhance employee morale and productivity, and recognize employees for their contributions to the company’s success. Assist with preventing and resolving concerns. Collaborate with managers to resolve issues and assist to prepare corrective action.
· Bachelor’s degree and/or PHR certification preferred
· Must have 6+ years of human resources/people operations experience
· Must have a minimum of 2 years of Leave of Absence (LOA) Administration experience, experience working within a Benefits team is a plus
· Must have excellent comprehension of US leave laws and administration as client employees are multi-state and throughout the US
· Experience scaling and supporting venture and/or private equity backed companies preferred
· Knowledge of startup HR best practices, while thriving in an entrepreneurial environment is preferred
· Experience with Mergers & Acquisitions and best practices & processes are preferred
· Strong business acumen and a passion for HR; people-oriented and results driven
· Must have exceptional knowledge of local, state, and federal employment laws
· Ability to exercise autonomy, independent judgment, and decision making; providing sound recommendation to clients to resolve issues and mitigate risk while providing excellent client delivery
· Ability to handle pressure and manage multiple projects and clients with frequently changing priorities, and possess an eye for detail
· Professional demeanor and excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
· Strong interpersonal skills, high level of professionalism and integrity
· Ability to professionally handle confidential data and information
· Self-motivated, with a strong work ethic and demonstrated initiative with a sense of urgency
· Knowledge of HRIS, Payroll and Recruiting systems (Gusto, Zenefits, Namely, Rippling, ADP, Paychex, Paylocity, Intuit, TriNet, Justworks, Sequoia, Vensure, Insperity, Greenhouse, Lever, etc.)
· While majority of the position is work from home, must be available for video calls and in professional attire (business casual)
· Must be able to travel to client offices in the Los Angeles area and visit the local offices when needed (Los Angeles office is located in Santa Monica, CA)
The salary range for this position is $70,000 to $85,000. Compensation will be determined based on several factors including, but not limited to, skill set, years of experience, and the employee’s geographic location.