Funding Options are looking for a motivated Management Accountant to support our mission to help small businesses discover and access the right finance product for their needs.
We started life in 2012 with a simple but powerful idea. What if instead of going to the bank, businesses could search for a loan online just like people do for car insurance or hotels? Since then we've helped our customers raise millions of pounds of finance, won a host of industry awards, gained the backing of the government and just raised significant funding from ING Ventures ahead of our European expansion.
The role is a unique opportunity to join our growth and support the very foundation of helping our small business customers ‘walk tall’.
- Managing the day to day running of the Accounts (Xero) and Payroll External returns such as PAYE, VAT etc
- Monthly Management Accounts and commissions, and managing the budget and forecast process
- Working with budget holders to explain financial positions and present ideas for improving departmental cost-efficiency
- Reporting to Financial Controller
- Year End accounts production
- Detailed analysis of existing processes and supporting of commercial teams in changing processes to increase conversion and enhance profitability
- Analyse conversions in marketing function to maximise revenue and minimise spend
- Evaluation of new business streams
- Producing business cases for new ventures and financial projects for international expansion projects
A bit about you:
- Part-Qualified or Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or other)
- A strong understanding of accounting processes coupled with the ability to identify workflow inefficiencies and deliver solutions to correct them
- Ability to handle multiple tasks with tight delivery schedules
- Strong sense of ownership and accountability
- Most importantly, a team player ‐ someone fully committed to their team and who takes pride in their work, both independently and as a collective.
The good stuff!
- Bonus scheme based on your individual, team, and company performance
- Flexible working: a balance between work and life is essential to happiness and success, so work hard and take the time you need
- Career development: we fund our employees attending workshops, conferences, or night classes that will help them go the extra mile
- Monthly and quarterly entertainment budgets
- Fruit and healthy snacks 5 days a week