We started life in 2012 with a simple but powerful idea. What if instead of going to the bank, businesses could search for finance online just like people do for car insurance or hotels? Since then we've helped our customers raise millions, won a host of industry awards, and gained the backing of the government. Funding Options is also one of the fastest-growing fintech companies on one metric that counts - revenue.
You’ll take a leading role in our compliance function and will design, implement and manage new systems and processes to support our rapidly growing business in the UK and now, in the Netherlands.
You’ll use your common sense and business acumen to interpret the guidelines in a proportionate manner and increase your knowledge of regulatory issues. Working closely with many areas of the business from IT security and Product through to sales operations - You’ll have a head for project management and organisation.
We’re looking for a driven and passionate individual who is able to drive processes from design to conclusion. You’ll be comfortable working independently, while also being a great collaborator for complex multi-team projects. We hope you will be a quick thinker who can adapt to a rapidly changing business environment.
What you’ll do
- Ensure we’re compliant with all UK and European broking regulations
- Develop systems to ensure adherence to FCA guidelines and internal policies
- Develop training programmes and materials, adapting to the needs of the business as it grows.
- Review the work of colleagues to identify compliance issues and provide advice or training.
- Maintain a database of issues arising from monitoring reviews
- Propose changes to policies, processes, and training based on monitoring reviews and evolving business needs.
- Deal with day-to-day compliance matters and assist on ad hoc projects (e.g. preparation of compliance reports to management and the board)
- Maintain awareness of regulatory developments and evolving best practices in compliance control.
Skills and experience
- Attention to detail
- Good analytical and investigative skills
- Excellent communication skills with stakeholders across the business and externally
- Ability to work with autonomy and function well in a fast-paced start-up environment
Salary and Benefits
- Base salary dependant on experience
- Quarterly bonus structure based on your individual, team and company performance.
- Flexible working: a balance between work and life is essential to happiness and success.
- Career development: we fund our employees attending workshops, conferences, or night classes that will help them go the extra mile
- Monthly and quarterly entertainment budgets
- Fruit and healthy snacks 5 days a week.