Funding Options are looking for a talented Product Owner to help reimagine and reinvent how small businesses discover and access the right financial products for their needs.
We started life in 2012 with a simple but powerful idea. What if instead of going to the bank, businesses could search for finance online just like people do for car insurance or hotels? Since then we've helped our customers raise millions, won a host of industry awards, and gained the backing of the government. Funding Options is also one of the fastest-growing fintech companies on one metric that counts - revenue.
We’ve just secured further investment from ING Ventures, launched our first international product, and we are now about to embark on the next step of our exciting journey. This is a unique opportunity to join our scale-up and shape the way we build products, working directly with our Chief Product Officer, Alastair.
- The Product Owner role is a crucial hire for us as we build a culture of true customer-led product design, through data-driven solutions to broaden and deepen our product set. The Product Owner will:
- Own one of our core products; responsible for identifying opportunities and issues, formulating hypotheses, rapidly ideating, testing, delivering and iterating solutions to create a best in class product that exceeds customer expectations
- Help develop and deliver an improved process for how features and new products are prioritised and added to the roadmap
- Work collaboratively with developers in our Engineering team, unpicking problems or advising on how to implement a new feature
- Be a product leader in the Funding Options team, sharing your work regularly with leadership as well as with the rest of the company
- Help deliver market-leading technology to continually improve the process of selecting and accessing funding for small businesses
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Shape and define how we ‘do product’ here at Funding Options, implementing projects and processes as you see fit to help us scale at pace
- Own critical company products from scratch. For example, we’ve just launched in the Netherlands and delivered a full integration partnership with TSB
- Work across teams, not just Engineering, but with Operations, Sales, Marketing etc. to get product features and broader initiatives delivered
A bit about you:
- You are customer-focused and recognise the importance of hearing customer feedback
- You are a self-starter and entrepreneurial, able to take direction from leadership and come up with an action plan
- You take responsibility and get things done
- You receive and give feedback on a day-to-day basis
- You are data-driven, able to find the data you need and process reports with ease
- You have some technical knowledge and you are happy to talk about the nuts and bolts of the product with our Engineering team
- You know the competitive landscape and are interested in financial technology
The good stuff!
Bonus scheme based on your individual, team, and company performance
Flexible working: a balance between work and life is essential to happiness and success, so work hard and take the time you need
Career development: we fund our employees attending workshops, conferences, or night classes that will help them go the extra mile
Monthly and quarterly entertainment budgets
Fruit and healthy snacks 5 days a week