Senior Data Scientist
San Francisco, CA /
Product & Engineering – Data /
Full Time - Remote Available
We combine human connection with the latest technology to empower our members through fitness. We’re a fast growing team primarily based in San Francisco, though working remotely. We are hiring new teammates across many areas. We’re looking for people who thrive in fast-paced, dynamic environments and are excited by the opportunity to have immediate ownership and impact. Our team comes from a diverse range of backgrounds and fitness levels - what we share is a passion and excitement to build something truly meaningful.
About the Role
As a Senior Data Scientist, you are passionate about developing state-of-the-art machine learning systems for signal processing, computer vision, & natural language processing alongside traditional algorithms, simulations, & experiments to enable world class member experiences. You will build your own data sets, develop solutions using modern software tools, and launch your work to production.
Your work will provide amazing product features, strategic business analysis, & coach insights. You will explore current processes and design novel applicable solutions. To accomplish this, you will partner across teams to identify opportunities, define methodology, implement robust solutions, and communicate learnings.
- Develop state-of-the-art machine learning systems to deliver premium experiences for our clients and better insights for our coaches
- Discover new predictive business insights and design systems that regularly perform predictive analysis on business metrics
- Research data-driven solutions to challenging, large-scale problems
- Engineering to put your research into practice in production systems
- Take an active role in building the core system of our intelligence products
- Build a world-class data science team with best-in-class practices
- Guide & develop junior engineers and scientists and serve as an example for others
- Strong knowledge and experience in implementing machine learning in real-world applications – minimum 5-7 years of experience
- Knowledge and ability to deal with challenging data problems such as data mining, feature definition and data cleaning
- Experience working with data in a cloud-based application (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Good understanding of Python (R, Go, and/or Swift knowledge is a plus)
- Able to solve problems as part of a team and work with engineers of all experience levels
- Desire and ability to work in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment
Life at Future
- Join a diverse, passionate & driven team of all backgrounds
- Accelerated growth potential — we rapidly advance team members who have an outsized impact
- Competitive salary & equity packages
- Comprehensive health benefits (medical, dental, vision) to fit your needs
- Parental leave benefits
- Wellness & Work From Home subsidies
- Flexible vacation policy
We are committed to building a future where every member of our community, is healthy, cared for, and advancing forward together. Future is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, age, civil or family status, disability or race.