Software Engineer — Backend (Go)
San Francisco, CA /
Product & Engineering – Engineering /
Full Time - Remote Available
We combine human connection with the latest technology to empower our members through fitness. We’re a fast growing team primarily based in San Francisco, though working remotely. We are hiring new teammates across many areas. We’re looking for people who thrive in fast-paced, dynamic environments and are excited by the opportunity to have immediate ownership and impact. Our team comes from a diverse range of backgrounds and fitness levels - what we share is a passion and excitement to build something truly meaningful.
About the Role
Backend engineers at Future operate at all levels -- building out core services, data pipelines, essential business systems, and customer-facing features.
We’re responsible for the entirety of product surfaces across user and trainer experiences, and the initiatives we drive span across foundational core infrastructure to rapid feature iteration. Backend engineers work closely with frontend engineers & product managers to make sure the deliver the APIs, infrastructure, and scalability needed for every initiative.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent functional experience
- At least 4+ years of production development experience, specifically working on backend / API
- Strong knowledge of Go, AWS, Docker (ECS), Postgres (RDS)
- Proven ability to employ software quality measures during development, such as unit/integration testing, monitoring, alerting
- Experience managing Docker-based microservice architecture
- Strong security principles, managing internal access points, and practicing the Principle of Least Privilege
- Adaptable to shifting priorities in a startup, proven track record of cutting through asks and prioritizing projects
- Experience working with ETL, with keen intuition for optimized database performance
Life at Future
- Join a diverse, passionate & driven team of all backgrounds
- Accelerated growth potential — we rapidly advance team members who have an outsized impact
- Competitive salary & equity packages
- Comprehensive health benefits (medical, dental, vision) to fit your needs
- Parental leave benefits
- Wellness & Work From Home subsidies
- Flexible vacation policy
We are committed to building a future where every member of our community, is healthy, cared for, and advancing forward together. Future is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, age, civil or family status, disability or race.